SASS Wire Forum

Colt 1877 38 SPF

Cockney Rebel

Gunsmith special 

colt 1877 DA38 with, I believe, most of the missing parts.  These revolvers have been quite maligned but, done right, are a strong gun.  Unfortunately I just bit off more than I can chew with my very limited gunsmithing skills.  Gun definitely looks like it’s been re-nickeled.

looking for $400.  I need to check serial number to see if this is antique or not.6BEC1893-5E76-4853-9CF9-158177DA1147.thumb.jpeg.76df7c81070cb709a7cc9af52ec8c5d7.jpeg

Two things:

1. Sal Lanara in Ohio can fix it right up. He is a wizard with the early Colt DA. He is the brother to Dave Lanara. If you need his contact info, let me know.

2. If this revolver was originally blued, there is a 75% chance that it was given out as a tobacco premium by Continental Tobacco or one of it's umbrella companies.. A Colt archive letter would tell the story. The Flora Dora Tag Company was the distributer for them. It took 1500-1800 tobacco tags to get one Colt 1877.

27117401_4.jpg

Scan287.jpg

6 minutes ago, Cockney Rebel said:

Thanks Cholla,

this is a case of needing funds to pay for a Spencer rifle I just picked up on FB :-)

If I hadn't overspent, I would be a buyer. But, rattlesnake hatband sales have been slow... Good luck.

Archived