SASS Wire Forum

People really will buy anything and look like an idiot

Buckshot Bear

• Buckshot Bear changed the title to People really will buy anything and look like an idiot

Why do I need to buy something to look like an idiot? I thought I was doing just fine for free!

Although I will say at home, in private, it might not be a bad thing for allergy sufferers.

I wouldn’t trust it. Those Dysons can suck a golf ball through ten feet of garden hose!

7 hours ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Unwillingness to do anything fun because you might look like an idiot is one of the worst afflictions you can suffer from, I wouldn't wish that on anybody! 

Big difference about doing something fun and just being a plain "look at me" idiot. 

Bob - something has been puzzling me.

Sometimes you post photographs of yourself, and they are normal (or at least as normal as you ever are). But other times you post photographs like this one, where it's been flipped. Like a mirror image.

Why is that?

I could understand if they were always correct, or if they were always flipped. But sometimes they're one way and sometimes they're the other and, as I said, it puzzles me.

56 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Bob - something has been puzzling me.

Sometimes you post photographs of yourself, and they are normal (or at least as normal as you ever are). But other times you post photographs like this one, where it's been flipped. Like a mirror image.

Why is that?

I could understand if they were always correct, or if they were always flipped. But sometimes they're one way and sometimes they're the other and, as I said, it puzzles me.

Depends on the particular instrument I’m using, DSLR, tablet, phone, Atomic laser-activated image emulsifier (patent applied for).  Some will reverse the image some do not..

And sometimes, believe it or not, I actually forget to edit the image and flip it before I post it. I hope it doesn’t cause to to much consternation. I will try to do better in the future. ;)

Hard to say if I look more like an idiot reversed or normal. 

D236C61E-4C6B-482A-BCB2-D479C4012F3E.jpeg

On 12/8/2022 at 3:20 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

People really will buy anything and look like an idiot. 

https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/8/23499843/dyson-zone-air-purifier-headphones-price-release-date

7251c86dccef61912c7af326920bb658.thumb.webp.5749573e3c59c39277538a336abb00f6.webp

7949131f715a242f4405416c76890349.thumb.webp.cba563402b38b6d60d6a73adcb4b9740.webp

OK, I'll reveal my ignorance.  What is it supposed to be or do? 

Warmth, phone, microphone, windshield, dental braces,  helmet, bad breath control, or just adornment ? 

Are they binary, gender-specific, or whatever the opposite is this week?  

If it filters air that you breathe in and would muffle sound or have earphones, my wife would love it for airline travel.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:37 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

Big difference about doing something fun and just being a plain "look at me" idiot. 

We've obviously never drank together!

On 12/9/2022 at 4:31 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Now, if we could make it so the wearer couldn't talk, and we could pump useful information through the headset to offset the crap they get from the leftist media........well, I'd donate about one a week.

this ..............................i like it 

On 12/9/2022 at 4:37 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

13 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

We've obviously never drank together!

When I was still drinking and doing stupid stuff there were no cameras taking pictures and definitely no social media to post them for all the world to see.

On 12/8/2022 at 6:20 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

People really will buy anything and look like an idiot. 

https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/8/23499843/dyson-zone-air-purifier-headphones-price-release-date

7251c86dccef61912c7af326920bb658.thumb.webp.5749573e3c59c39277538a336abb00f6.webp

7949131f715a242f4405416c76890349.thumb.webp.cba563402b38b6d60d6a73adcb4b9740.webp

BB,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but most folks that don't have to spend money to look like an idiot.

And the folks that are germophobes, have a fascination with technology and more money that sense would find them masks irresistible. 

Throw in some Bluetooth enabled headphone speakers and a built in microphone so they can sync with their phones and you'd sell millions of them.

Archived