SASS Wire Forum

The Ba Humbug thread

Chantry

On 12/9/2022 at 5:37 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

For a wedding feast camel stuffed with lambs stuffed with chicken and rice. An Arab version of turducken

My boss referenced below and his story were real. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

ROAST STUFFED CAMEL:

Years ago I had a boss who had worked in the Middle East for several years. He loved to tell us youngsters about a delicacy he enjoyed over there.

Roast Stuffed Camel

Ingredients:

6 dozen Eggs, hard boiled and peeled.

6 Chickens, cleaned and plucked.

2 Sheep, cleaned and skinned.

1 Camel, large cleaned and shaved (do not remove the skin).

60 palm fronds.

Preparation:

Stuff 1 dozen Eggs into each Chicken and sew shut.

Stuff 3 Chickens into each Sheep and sew shut.

Stuff the Sheep into the Camel and sew shut.

Cooking:

Dig a 8’X8’X8’ pit and build a large fire in the pit. Once the fire is burned low cover with 2’ of dirt and a layer of Palm Fronds. Lower the Camel into the pit and cover with another layer of Palm Fronds. Then fill up with remaining dirt. Let cook for 8 hours, then remove from pit. Open Camel and remove Sheep. Throw away the Camel. Open Sheep and remove Chickens. Throw away the Sheep. Open Chickens and remove Eggs. Throw away the Eggs. Eat the Chickens.

CJ

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

My boss referenced below and his story were real. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

ROAST STUFFED CAMEL:

Years ago I had a boss who had worked in the Middle East for several years. He loved to tell us youngsters about a delicacy he enjoyed over there.

Roast Stuffed Camel

Ingredients:

6 dozen Eggs, hard boiled and peeled.

6 Chickens, cleaned and plucked.

2 Sheep, cleaned and skinned.

1 Camel, large cleaned and shaved (do not remove the skin).

60 palm fronds.

Preparation:

Stuff 1 dozen Eggs into each Chicken and sew shut.

Stuff 3 Chickens into each Sheep and sew shut.

Stuff the Sheep into the Camel and sew shut.

Cooking:

Dig a 8’X8’X8’ pit and build a large fire in the pit. Once the fire is burned low cover with 2’ of dirt and a layer of Palm Fronds. Lower the Camel into the pit and cover with another layer of Palm Fronds. Then fill up with remaining dirt. Let cook for 8 hours, then remove from pit. Open Camel and remove Sheep. Throw away the Camel. Open Sheep and remove Chickens. Throw away the Sheep. Open Chickens and remove Eggs. Throw away the Eggs. Eat the Chickens.

CJ

.....or call Dominos.

I don't care much for shopping but I'd prefer buying gifts for the remaining small family group than gifting cash or checks.  The difficulty is, be they younger, the "Kids", or older, as when my folks were still alive, no clue what they want.  I probably returned or got back unused darn near every gift I gave my Dad.  Finally settled on ultra fancy Liquor brands that he favored.

Let's see... no wife or GF, no kids, what few family members I still have left are all miles away and about as fun to be with as a prison cellmate. Looks like I'll be spending yet another quiet Christmas and New Years finding ways to entertain myself. I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I'm in with the group of people who hate this time of year and can't wait for January to roll along.

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Let's see... no wife or GF, no kids, what few family members I still have left are all miles away and about as fun to be with as a prison cellmate. Looks like I'll be spending yet another quiet Christmas and New Years finding ways to entertain myself. I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I'm in with the group of people who hate this time of year and can't wait for January to roll along.

You don't sound like a downer and far sooner than I like I'll be in the same position as you when my parents pass away.  I haven't really looked into the details, but when that day comes I might do volunteer work at a shelter or soup kitchen or something along those lines.

im in that court as well , ive had so many unpleasant times this time of year [t-give through new years] that i no longer expect it to be pleasant , 

i lost most of my family but we still have my wifes family , it will be a good christmas but im never real pleased to be going through this time , always just make the best of it and am pleased when its over , this year i got a colonoscope to look forward to right after new years - seems fitting in a lot of ways i guess 

21 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

You ain't the only one that doesn't like this time of year...trust me on that one.;)

What is this "shopping" you speak of?   Does it involve leaving the house?   

(Daughter tells me what the grandkids want for Christmas.  I look it up online and have it delivered.  Wrap.  Done.)

I cook Christmas dinner from provisions I bought ahead of time.  They come to me.  Done.

Merry Christmas!

The only time I've had camel it wasn't too bad. Can't give specifics on how it was prepared though. I will say fresh camel milk is very rich.

IMG_0120.JPG.59c28a2384dd6ec45daa9d168e921cbb.jpg

42 minutes ago, Chantry said:

image.png.131089a6045c1bbc9104366d0dbabafb.png

Now that's just cruel!

Smart, but cruel!

On 12/8/2022 at 11:46 AM, Chantry said:

The Five Stress Levels of Holiday Shopping

Low Condition (Green) This condition is in effect when there is a low risk of idiots. An occasional idiot, but no more than normal.

Guarded Condition (Blue) This condition is in effect when there are an increased number of idiots shopping. More than normal will result in infrequent cursing.

Elevated Condition (Yellow) An Elevated Condition is declared when there is a significant risk of running into idiots when shopping. Results in a steady (but not constant) stream of curses and an occasional dirty look.

High Condition (Orange) A High Condition is declared when there is a high risk of running into not only the idiots, but their significant other and their screaming spawn. Constant cursing and frequent dirty looks will occur.

Severe Condition (Red) A Severe Condition reflects an extreme risk of running into idiots, their significant other, their screaming spawn and the rest of their damn family. Constant cursing, dirty looks and the overwhelming impulse to smack them upside their fool heads will happen. When this condition occurs, it is recommended that people stay home, drink to excess and shop online

I gotta clean my glasses-I thought that said bad hamburg, and thought who the hell wants bad hamburg.

On a lighter note I try not to hate any season or day. Life's to short and I'm too old to spend time hating whats left of it. That said I do not go some places unless I have to in the Holiday season.

:)

kR

Archived