SASS Wire Forum

How many of you guys in the US ever use 9mm?

Buckshot Bear

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Browning HiPower,Kahr K-9 and Ruger SR9c all in 9mm.

• Buckshot Bear changed the title to How many of you guys in the US ever 9mm?

I have 5 pistols that are chambered in 9x19 or 9mm Luger or 9mm Parabellum or just plain old 9mm. I also have a 9mm Ruger PC Carbine. 

One of these days I hope to have a 9mm revolver, just for the heck of it. 

24 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Guys.......and you all reckon you don't use the metric system :D:D:D

I don’t but the name of the round is 9mm {something} and it is easier to go along than to stand and protest. Same with 5.56 and 7.62x{something}

I like 9mm but strictly as a recreational round. It ain't worth a damn as a combat cartridge; it has no knockdown power. It and that .22 Magnum M-16 just pissed the gomers off; it wouldn't stop them or kill them unless you shot them 50 times. Maybe they'd be OK with hollow points, but with ball ammo they are useless. And I'm not willing to trust my life to a HP 9mm or AR 5.56 mm with HPs. I'll stick to .30 cal rifles and .357, .40 Smith, 10mm or .45 ACP  handguns, thank you!

Said I Never Had Much Use For a 9 mm socket. Never Said I Didn’t Know How To Use a 9 mm socket

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have 5 pistols that are chambered in 9x19 or 9mm Luger or 9mm Parabellum or just plain old 9mm. I also have a 9mm Ruger PC Carbine.  

I have you by one pistol unless you include the one chambered in 9mm Browning, or 9mm Corto, or 9mm Kurz, or 9mm Short, or 9×17mm, aka .380 ACP or .380 Auto. Then I have you by two :P I also have a PC Carbine that is just fun!

4 hours ago, Chantry said:

Said I Never Had Much Use For a 9 mm socket. Never Said I Didn’t Know How To Use a 9 mm socket

I just know it don't help when I can't find my 10mm socket

I’ve got one 9mm, a SW Shield, my LGS is ordering me a Uberti 9mm single action revolver.

17 rounds of 9mm can make a difference.

And that's just the first mag.

Lemme see now, going oldest first, have a 1913 Luger, then a 1925ish Mauser broom handle, a 1943 Erma MP40, a 1943 VIS, a mid-1950s Walther P1, a 1961 FN GP35, a 1984 HK MP5, a 1997 HK PSP, a 1999 1911,  a 2003 S&W 940, a 2004 Beretta 92. I think that's it.

• Buckshot Bear changed the title to How many of you guys in the US ever use 9mm?

Sig SP2022. Sig 938.  Springfield EMP. All suitable for carry with 9mm Hornady Critical Defense FTX hollow points.

I mostly carry a Springfield Champion in .45ACP with Hornady Critical Defense FTX hollow points.

But a revolver? A S&W Model 19 snubby chambered in .357 Magnum is my BBQ carry.

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Guys.......and you all reckon you don't use the metric system :D:D:D

I'm perfectly fine with buying 9mm ammo. Shipping charges are still by the pound. Package dimensions are still in Imperial.

Delivery time is estimated in slugs per fortnight.

Just don't get me started on daylight savings time... The hour is not real, it is just a scam to sell more charcoal!

Which brings me back to my BBQ gun. .357 Magnum for the win.

Off the top of my head I have at least 16 pistols chambered for 9mm but I would have to go through the safes because I probably forgot one or two. Great time tested caliber. Costs way less to shoot than my 45’s 

Just now, Buckshot Bob said:

Off the top of my head I have at least 16 pistols chambered for 9mm but I would have to go through the safes because I probably forgot one or two. Great time tested caliber. Costs way less to shoot than my 45’s 

About twice a year, I refresh my carry, currently mostly .45 ACP.

With three new boxes, I shoot off several rounds from each box. If they work, I set aside enough for my three carry mags, plus six rounds, two from each box. Then shoot off the rest of the three boxes. If no problems, I have carry ammo for the next six months.

Is six months a good amount of time to refresh? I then shoot off the three carry mags. They have always gone bang. So I'm good with six months.

Extreme clean and inspection of the firearm and all mags, then run the six reserved rounds, two in each mag.

Field strip and clean, load the three mags. Carry for the next six months with a field strip and clean every 2 to 3 weeks.

Same for 9mm. Same for any carry.

SD ammo is expensive, and once in a while I will compete in something like Steel Challenge with one of my carry firearms. But knowing my carry runs without hiccups on demand is far less expensive than the value of doing so.

Ammo in "cold storage" is good indefinitely, the stuff on my belt is not properly stored and must have some reduced life span. Given its purpose, it must be expended regularly. Cost be damned!

1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

Many Americans prefer the 11.48mm round over the 9mm, however...most Americans prefer to not get shot with anything, be it metric or Imperial.

Me thinks you broke out a calculator before posting :ph34r::FlagAm:

Archived