SASS Wire Forum

Some old time trick shooting

Buckshot Bob

Lots of good stuff there, but muzzle awareness didn't seem to be on his mind much.  I don't figure he was much to worryy about but some of those kids, without his training and skills could cause themselves and others a lot of grief. 

I do appreciate him showing that Tommy guns can be controlled if you know what you are doing with them.  

I saw him in at the Naval Ammunition Depot in McAlester Oklahoma on Armed Forces Day about 1965. He did the quick draw demonstration with blanks and paper cups. He would balance one on the back of his hand  held just above the pistol. He would then drop his hand and shoot the paper cup before it hit the ground. I was about 12 then and I was impressed.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:35 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Lots of good stuff there, but muzzle awareness didn't seem to be on his mind much.  I don't figure he was much to worryy about but some of those kids, without his training and skills could cause themselves and others a lot of grief. 

I do appreciate him showing that Tommy guns can be controlled if you know what you are doing with them.  

Lots of people have only seen Thompson guns in the movies and have never fired one. They seem to think the movies are real and that they are uncontrollable.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:35 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Lots of good stuff there, but muzzle awareness didn't seem to be on his mind much 

What’s considered safe has changed allot over time. Look at work place safety, seatbelts..etc .

But he did tell that story about shooting himself, to me it shows the importance of a good holster and a cocked and locked 1911. Don’t really care for the current NRA administration but NRA has done allot of good over the years with their safety initiatives. 

• 1 month later...

Archived