SASS Wire Forum

Yahoo!

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Anyone use yahoo.com?  Opinions?

I'm looking to dump juno after twenty or so years and am looking for something easy to use, reliable, and inexpensive.  I also have i cloud, but it's a techie's tool that just makes me nuts every time I use it.

I have had a yahoo account since they first started. But, yahoo is the email of choice of scammers. As such, many email security programs will not allow an email with a yahoo.com address through. The editors for a few publications will not receive an email from my yahoo account so I now use a gmail account if I am concerned that they won't get it.

In my opinion, you should get a gmail account vs yahoo.

I've used yahoo for my email for a decade or so. Switched to it when my internet providers were seemingly always changing and I hated having a new address for email. I eventually paid for the account to avoid all the advertising. Never have had an issue and the spam catches most of them, but sometimes a good one, so always look down thru them before deleting. Haven't had Cholla's issue to my knowledge.

Yahoo mail is pretty good but Yahoo news tends to be fairly lefty bent, so there's that.

Archived