SASS Wire Forum

Look at this bugger

Buckshot Bear

Look at this bugger, went to the dentist as I've been having a bit of pain.....totally sideways wisdom tooth pushing into my back molar.

Dentist said too big a job for him and I need to go into hospital to get it out, glad it's not 1883.

20221125_142330.thumb.jpg.8279871191cbaa21f276fbe9ff3663c2.jpg

Need a Dental Surgeon for that one.  Best dental appointment in my life was with a dental surgeon.  He did a lot, only the area he worked on was numb (instead of one side of my face!)  I told him that his was the first dental ap that didn't hurt.  His response, with a smile, "welcome to the 20th Century".  All the best!

Wishing the best with that tooth removal. It looks like it will be worth it though. 

Buckshot,

I had TWO of those back in 70, while in the Navy.   The base dentist in Morocco sent me to Rota Spain to have BOTH

of them cut out.

I swelled up a tad but the constant pain went away.    And yes, both were just like your Xray shows..... they were pushing in

sideways.

Todays dental surgeons are great and my guess is that you'll have very little problems with its removal.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Wow! How is it no dentist caught this until now?

It's always been there, but wasn't near anything and not causing any probs. For some reason known only to it, it's started a migration and is now pushing up hard against my back molar.

Not sure if it will be this year as time is getting short or early 2023.....but it's time for it to go!

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Look at this bugger, went to the dentist as I've been having a bit of pain.....totally sideways wisdom tooth pushing into my back molar.

Dentist said too big a job for him and I need to go into hospital to get it out, glad it's not 1883.

20221125_142330.thumb.jpg.8279871191cbaa21f276fbe9ff3663c2.jpg

For some reason my parents insisted I get mine out when I was nineteen. (In the case of wisdom teeth, when you're about eighteen is better than when you're older. ) Dad had had some trouble with his and they told me they'd pay for it, but they had to come out.

I made an  appointment with our family dentist and family friend to get all four (some folk only have one or two) out a week after summer vacation started.  One was "impacted" and I was one miserable SOB for about a week, but I don't regret it a bit.  I haven't been afraid of a dentist since then and as a rule, I handle pain better than most people do.

My sympathies.  It wont be fun, but you can do it.  Get 'er done and get on with your life.

My prayers are with you and imagine me being there by your side to help you through it.

Let us know how it works out

Good luck and I hope you're pain-free for and after the procedure.

13 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

It's always been there, but wasn't near anything and not causing any probs. For some reason known only to it, it's started a migration and is now pushing up hard against my back molar.

Not sure if it will be this year as time is getting short or early 2023.....but it's time for it to go!

I understand. In the Navy of there were a lot of guys that got their wisdom teeth removed “just in case” or they might eventually become problematic. You can’t get dental work at sea unless aboard a Carrier or Tender. The dentist told me my wisdom teeth were perfect and never to worry about them. When I was 35 they all had to go as they were pressing against my other teeth and causing me pain. 
Teeth move over time. 

NOT trying to make light of your situation, but I have found the most painful part of work by an endodontist (root canals) and oral surgeons (tooth extraction, implants, etc.) is when you get out of the chair, stumble out to the receptionist, and he/she says, "Will that be cash, check or credit card?" :blink:

Archived