SASS Wire Forum

45 ACP

Boss Hog

6 minutes ago, Boss Hog said:

Thanks all,

I had bought a Texas Brush Popper and had it converted as I was going to try Wild Bunch and club decided not enough participation

also bought a Nighthawk custom series 70 and they became safe queens. 

My Ruger SR1911 gets used in WB about twice a year.  Hope to change that when I retire in a couple of years.

At our local matches we allow those that want to shoot WB to do so.  But they have to shoot the same targets and sequences as for Cowboy.

22 hours ago, Nickel City Dude said:

At our local matches we allow those that want to shoot WB to do so.  But they have to shoot the same targets and sequences as for Cowboy.

We do that also at Firelands Peacemakers and we score them separately.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:10 AM, Nickel City Dude said:

11 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

We do that also at Firelands Peacemakers and we score them separately.

Isn't that what they call a Pike category? 

On 12/4/2022 at 11:43 AM, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

My Ruger SR1911 gets used in WB about twice a year.  Hope to change that when I retire in a couple of years.

Same here. I bought a model 12 and a Colt 1911 for WB, started up OK but life got in the way. Don't see a need to part with these guns as I wholly plan on shooting WB again someday. Hopefully sooner than later. I have 2 clubs within easy driving distance that offer WB regularly and I cannot get there. Why? That 4 letter word... work. :angry:

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Same here. I bought a model 12 and a Colt 1911 for WB, started up OK but life got in the way. Don't see a need to part with these guns as I wholly plan on shooting WB again someday. Hopefully sooner than later. I have 2 clubs within easy driving distance that offer WB regularly and I cannot get there. Why? That 4 letter word... work. :angry:

3-1/2 years and I'm done. I'll still keep my part time gig, Haven't shot in 3 months, which is a long time for me, I'm burned out on repetitious 10-10-4 drag race stages. Might break out my Frontiersman guns.

1 hour ago, Assassin said:

3-1/2 years and I'm done. I'll still keep my part time gig, Haven't shot in 3 months, which is a long time for me, I'm burned out on repetitious 10-10-4 drag race stages. Might break out my Frontiersman guns.

I'm shooting FC more and more, well at least within CC but the last monthly I did I shot FCGF and used my Lightning and had a blast!

Just need more time to do it all. :D

1 hour ago, Assassin said:

I'll never be a top speed shooter.   I concentrate on trying for a clean match, and using different guns depending on my mood that particular weekend.   This week it's the Bisley's.  Next week it's the Mare's Legs (If allowed by local club)  Week after that, it's the regular Colts.   Then it's the Buntline paired with the Sheriff's model, or maybe 2 sheriffs.   Gotta take out the Big Iron at least once a year.   Or the Spencer.   Walker and Dragoon combo is always fun.  Maybe I won't use a Lightning one particular week and use one of my lever guns.  Gotta take the Parker out once in a blue moon instead of the trusty 97.   The 87 needs to be shot on occasion as well.   Maybe the Nagants deserve a turn.

I just have fun playing with my toys.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Reb, SASS #54804 said:

B-Western   ANY SASS legal ammunition may be used.

Shooters handbook page 8

An 1873 rifle is NOT LEGAL in BW.

REF: SHB p.8

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Reb, SASS #54804 said:

I was only referring to the caliber.

ruger pistols with 45acp cyl ect.

I was referring to the OP's question.
The cartridge restrictions for
Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl categories had already been addressed.

Archived