SASS Wire Forum

A lot of people complain about singers

Utah Bob #35998

The ones who do the National Anthem at sporting events and make the performance more about themselves by adding notes, warbling , high screeches and ad libs. “Not traditional” is what I hear most often. “Country stars wouldn’t do that”

Well I have not been impressed at all with some of the renditions I’ve heard at the NFR!

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What’s “NFR”?

Not a table tennis fan ay?

Ahh NFR , Many nights there , Me , Tuff, Cody Custer, Rod Hay , Clint Branger, Sandvick quite a crew , Stop up in the Justin booth before to say hello to John Jr, then down to the chutes and Gold Coast afterwards . My son was on J31a ( Bodacious)  when he was 2  Tuff was signing autographs healing up after getting smashed by J31  outside Cowtown Boots . 

As far as todays Country singers well they are more pop than country , the damn sure Aint Chris Ledoux :)

9 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

...damn sure Aint Chris Ledoux :)

Chris LeDoux was that one-in-a-million guy.  I miss him. Saw him in Forth Worth years ago. THAT was one hell of a show! His music certainly lives on in my CD players. ;)

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I feel reasonably secure in saying that many, if not most, of the people who say that wouldn't like the 1814 version.  

Very seldom hear the other verses! I kinda liked it! :FlagAm:

Pretty safe to say a lot of people don't like this version. I think it's pretty cool!

34 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Never been a fan of the gravely throated scream rock.  Not just this rendition of the anthem, but in general.

I'm not either but I like this rendition because of the raw, in your face, we are the Great USA attitude! This group, Madison Rising is also very pro gun and pro America :FlagAm:

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I feel reasonably secure in saying that many, if not most, of the people who say that wouldn't like the 1814 version.  

That’s not traditional. It’s original. 

I still think this is one of the very finest renditions of the National Anthem I’ve ever heard.

The man believed what he was singing and showed that he meant it!

AND HE WAS A ROCKER !!

9 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Pretty safe to say a lot of people don't like this version. I think it's pretty cool!

Fair rendition. Except for when they all had strokes because of "the rockets red glare".......

23 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Never been a fan of the gravely throated scream rock.  Not just this rendition of the anthem, but in general.

My son was in a band like that. They wrote a seven minutes long instrumental just so I would go see a show. It was named Mark. :)

19 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I trust most of you are old enough to remember when Rosanne Arnold intentionally butchered it, and even spat on the ground afterwards. I really wish all these leftist twits who say they hate this country would just leave.

Roseanne was actually making fun of ball players not the Anthem. It was a very poor choice for sure but Rosanne is really not a lefty. 

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Roseanne was actually making fun of ball players not the Anthem. It was a very poor choice for sure but Rosanne is really not a lefty. 

Yup. She couldn’t sing and told them so. They wanted her anyway. So she thought she’d make a comedy bit out of it. Grabbing her crotch and spitting like a player getting into the batters box. Bad choice and timing.

Archived