SASS Wire Forum

Ruger oddity

Lankyframe #44046

I have Ruger old model Vaqueros, new model Vaqueros and Wranglers.  On the old models and the wranglers the longer of the two bottom grip frame screws goes on the side opposite the loading gate but on the New Vaqueros the same screw goes on the same side as the loading gate.. Does anybody know why they would do that?

LF

38 minutes ago, Lankyframe #44046 said:

I have Ruger old model Vaqueros, new model Vaqueros and Wranglers.  On the old models and the wranglers the longer of the two bottom grip frame screws goes on the side opposite the loading gate but on the New Vaqueros the same screw goes on the same side as the loading gate.. Does anybody know why they would do that?

LF

You can flip them, it doesn’t matter as long as the long screw matches up with the notch in the hammer pin. 

Thanks to all people replying.   A little drunk right now  Having trouble typing     Son came home for local firemans smoker.   Good night     GW

8 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Different design engineers don't always do things the same way. 

Like I tell the operators that ask the very same question when they try to get upset at me because because different items but similar components have different designs, power supplies, functions, etc. is that engineers hate us, plain and simple.

Archived