SASS Wire Forum

Roger's & Spencer repro??

Dark Horse Charlie

2 hours ago, Dark Horse Charlie said:

Very nice. I saw that on the other thread and that's what got the wheels spinning. Now I just have to find one.

I don't see them very often in the gunshops.   I found this one on Gunbroker a few years ago.   It's pretty easy to find conversion cylinders online of that interests you.   A quick check shows that Taylor's has them in stock, but they don't seem to carry the pistol itself.

They are enjoyable guns to shoot.  They fit the hand well and even though it looks odd, the hammer is very easy to cock.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I don't see them very often in the gunshops.   I found this one on Gunbroker a few years ago.   It's pretty easy to find conversion cylinders online of that interests you.   A quick check shows that Taylor's has them in stock, but they don't seem to carry the pistol itself.

They are enjoyable guns to shoot.  They fit the hand well and even though it looks odd, the hammer is very easy to cock.

Good luck!

Thanks, I might get one and have it  for when I find a gun. 

I just walked into one of my favorite toy stores and he had a display case shelf devoted to odd-ball cap and ball replicas.  I wasn't even looking to buy but was immediately attracted to the Rogers and Spencer.  Others were brass frame and or 36 caliber. Anyway,  one was enough considering I wasn't prepared to buy any.

1620931931_RogersandSpencerDec2021.jpg.61b2584dc9024e42603072039b0249e8.jpg

On 12/3/2022 at 7:02 PM, Dark Horse Charlie said:

Does anyone currently make a copy? Has there ever been?

The recent post piqued my curiosity. 

Dark Horse Charlie 

I believe I have one unfired coming up for auction soon.  

Rev

10 hours ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Try Dixie Gun Works.

They used to have them in there Catalog.

Haven't recieved one of there catalogs in a few years.

Thanks. They have parts and accessories,  but not the guns

2 hours ago, Rev Willy Dunkum, SASS # 61027 said:

I believe I have one unfired coming up for auction soon.  

Rev

Thanks for the heads up. Gunbroker?

1 hour ago, Dark Horse Charlie said:

Thanks. They have parts and accessories,  but not the guns

Thanks for the heads up. Gunbroker?

No, Bauerauction.com.  2-day gun auction Dec 31-Jan 1st, Mattoon IL, live and online .  They have 4 scheduled large gun auctions per year.  

Note:  I just double checked, its a Griswold and Gunnison, dad's Rogers and Spencer was traded off years ago.  He had a lot of odd ball firearms.  Sorry, my error.

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

After playing with my R&S,  I am confident it would make and all out last ditch weapon.  I think you could take out multiple opponents and just wipe off the blood. No harm to the gun.

Howdy Warden! That is quite the endorsement! I have never shot one but I tend to like the weird and obscure. I do love my SAA, but also like to mix it up. I frequently shoot both 1858 and 1875 Remingtons as well as an 1860 army with Navy grips.  I would love a Merwin Hubert, but this might be a fun one and more attainable. I would get the cylinder and shoot cartridges with it.

Archived