SASS Wire Forum

Rye Miles #13621

I have customers in my piano tuning business (which is now part time because I'm semi-retired) asking me if I take VENMO or CASH APP.

It's a really convenient way of paying and getting paid.

Anyone familiar with these apps? 

Much obliged...........

I know a lot of scammers use Venmo.  I guess if your familiar with the customer and trust them, it would be alright.  Using an online payment service to pay for a product to the shipped from a stranger is asking for trouble.  That's what Visa is for.  

When I see Venmo listed as a one of the payment options, but they do not have the normal Visa/MC, Discover or AmEx as payment options...I immediately end any further contact with that company/business.

Venmo is fine for people that trust you. It was made to split a dinner check or cab fare with someone you know. Venmo can not be used for firearm transactions and many related products, but for getting paid for tuning a piano, you should be fine. Venmo is just like using cash so the danger is when you are the buyer, not a seller. You have to know and trust the person you are buying goods or services from. Once you send the money, it's gone. Again, it will not be an issue if you are the person getting paid. 

Zelle is much the same but not all banks are affiliated with Zelle. Mine is not. 

I have only used Zelle a few times to send to relatives. It worked fine.

My sons are musicians, one of them does a single, he plays guitar and sings and also has a girl vocalist on most gigs. The other night a table of 4 people wanted to tip them and they didnt have cash. They tipped him through Venmo! He was pleasantly surprised!:)

46 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I just saw this...there are some tax/IRS considerations with Venmo and the like. 

IRS warns Americans about $600 threshold to report Venmo, Cash App payments | Fox Business

Yep I know all about that. 

Never used either personally, but In looking how each work Zelle seems more straightforward. 

Sold some ammo here afew months ago. Guys check got lost so his wife Zelled me. Instant into my bank.

Archived