SASS Wire Forum

Dumb Christmas ideas

Alpo

I was in Sam's yesterday, and many of the employees were wearing Santa Claus hats.

Blue Santa Claus hats.

I suppose because Sam's is Walmart, and Walmart is blue. And they couldn't wear red - even though Santa Claus hats are red - because red is Target's color.

Dumb. Really really dumb.

The company I used to work for (a retail farm supply outlet with 25 stores in 3 states) has BLUE, gold, and white as their "trademark" colors.
The color scheme is used in store branding, vehicle logos, and employee uniforms.

For the Christmas holiday season, employees wear BLUE "Santa hats".
They also feature BLUE Christmas stockings in their seasonal advertising.

Next time i go to the local store I'll be sure to let them know that Alpo considers that "DUMB". :P
...maybe

...but probably not. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I understand that the original "Santa Clause red" was because Santa was a coke invention ...... :mellow:

uh…no. 
They would love credit for it though. Screw Coke!

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/history-santa-claus-red-suit-pop-culture-moments

Went to the local library this afternoon and found a Christmas tree wrapped in a Harry Potter invisibility cloak.  You could see some pine needles and a couple of pieces of candy all around a wrought iron Christmas tree stand and a sign saying "PLEASE DON'T TOUCH".

Nothing else there.

Very, very clever and very Christmasy while leaving the view of the customer computers unobstructed.

I love my library.

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

uh…no. 
They would love credit for it though. Screw Coke!

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/history-santa-claus-red-suit-pop-culture-moments

I'm a member of St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in my town. Just rechecked the icon of St. Nick on the church website: red robe indeed.

just another commercialization of the original intent , ive become accustomed to it changing look but i remember what it was in the days of my youth quite clearly - even tho that was a commercialization of the original intent just as much , im just hoping not to see any social change statements mixed into it ...hope i die first 

19 hours ago, Alpo said:

I was in Sam's yesterday, and many of the employees were wearing Santa Claus hats.

Blue Santa Claus hats.

I suppose because Sam's is Walmart, and Walmart is blue. And they couldn't wear red - even though Santa Claus hats are red - because red is Target's color.

Dumb. Really really dumb.

Maybe they're democrats?:P

Archived