SASS Wire Forum

A new view of an actor

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

I never thought much of Daniel Craig as an actor. He was great with the action part, but he lent no depth to his characters, sort of two dimensional.

And then tonight I watched Defiance and he really did a marvelous job.  I may go back and rewatch some of his other works.

He has stated many times that he “hates guns “. That did it for me ! I try and avoid any movies he’s in. Another liberal hypocrite! 

51 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

He has stated many times that he “hates guns “. That did it for me ! I try and avoid any movies he’s in. Another liberal hypocrite! 

I know practically all the actors are anti gun or say they are but Craig actually said he HATES guns. That just rubbed me the wrong way!:angry:

Most actors hate guns but have armed security. 

One movie I liked with Daniel Craig was Cowboys Vs Aliens. What a premise for a sci-fi Western. :lol:

For hundreds of years, actors have been considered the low-life trash of society.
Nothing I've seen today convinces me any different.
I will add sports figures to the trash list, as well.

Liam Neeson is another gun-hater who makes millions from his violent gun movies.

Didn't know that about him.  Well, one more over paid, over rated SOB I don't have to have anything to do with.  Thanks for the info.

Kind of like Patrick Stewart saying he doesn't like Americans nor America, when without them he'd still be a second rate Shakespearean actor (amongst thousands of others) making peanuts instead of being wealthy and widely respected.

Same for Mortinson.

30 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Didn't know that about him.  Well, one more over paid, over rated SOB I don't have to have anything to do with.  Thanks for the info.

Kind of like Patrick Stewart saying he doesn't like Americans nor America, when without them he'd still be a second rate Shakespearean actor (amongst thousands of others) making peanuts instead of being wealthy and widely respected.

Same for Mortinson.

I didn’t know that about Patrick Stewart !:angry: Thanks 
Are you talking about Viggio Mortinsin? Wow!!

Today’s society reveres morons and one trick ponies that play with their balls. If people put a tenth of their attention on the government that they lavish on scum this country wouldn’t be as jacked up as it is. 

Though you may find their "work" enjoyable, it is difficult to treat as credible people who make their living pretending to be something other than what they are.  I recall one actress in particular who plays strong, intelligent and beautiful women.  I heard her in an interview and she was quite the opposite.  My first reaction, that she would be well served to play her signature character in life.

So long as I don't directly support the antigun, liberal pos directly...I might watch it's movie/show if it's on something I already pay for like my cable/phone/internet provider. 

By directly supporting, I mean going to a first run movie theater to see the movie, buying the dvd/streaming or the like. 

BTW, most of the "famous" people are antigun, liberal pos hypocrites that could care less about anything other than making millions of dollars.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

So long as I don't directly support the antigun, liberal pos directly...I might watch it's movie/show if it's on something I already pay for like my cable/phone/internet provider. 

By directly supporting, I mean going to a first run movie theater to see the movie, buying the dvd/streaming or the like. 

BTW, most of the "famous" people are antigun, liberal pos hypocrites that could care less about anything other than making millions of dollars.

+ 1000000........... well said I agree 100%

I don't watch his works ever since he said during an interview about his role as James Bond 007 when he stated " He wouldn't see any problem with his character (James Bond) kissing another man".

That was it for me. 

18 minutes ago, T.K. said:

I don't watch his works ever since he said during an interview about his role as James Bond 007 when he stated " He wouldn't see any problem with his character (James Bond) kissing another man".

That was it for me. 

I heard him say that and he also said he hates guns because they’re only for killing people and they should be  banned!

Actors are make-believe people.  They spend their lives doing and saying what a director tells them to, pretending to be someone else, and even dressing in clothes they have provided for them and wearing faces that are not truly their own.  Many  are social misfits and way too many are not smart enough to be let out without a leash.  I have known many and some are well worth knowing,  but many are simply puppets.

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

+ 1000000........... well said I agree 100%

They don't make a lot off of me.  I haven't been to a sporting event in almost 55 years.  I went to a movie a year and a half ago because someone took me for my birthday.  First time I've been in a theater in nearly 30  years, and very likely the last time I ever go.

There are stores and restaurants I no longer spend my money in because of their policies.  There are businesses I no longer support because of their policies.  There are products I will not buy because of their company policies.

These are petty little inconsequential acts on my part, but think what it would do if we all did this.

It's my damned money I don't want to waste it on crap that goes against my beliefs.

Besides, it makes me feel good and gives my some minor bragging rights.

29 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

They don't make a lot off of me.  I haven't been to a sporting event in almost 55 years.  I went to a movie a year and a half ago because someone took me for my birthday.  First time I've been in a theater in nearly 30  years, and very likely the last time I ever go.

There are stores and restaurants I no longer spend my money in because of their policies.  There are businesses I no longer support because of their policies.  There are products I will not buy because of their company policies.

These are petty little inconsequential acts on my part, but think what it would do if we all did this.

It's my damned money I don't want to waste it on crap that goes against my beliefs.

Besides, it makes me feel good and gives my some minor bragging rights.

Same thing I do, some people tell me it doesn’t make a difference but it makes a difference to ME!! 

I figure it this way:  I'm a widower now, so it isn't anybody's business but mine as long as I'm nor breaking any law or hurting anyone that doesn't have it coming.  I happy being me and not much else matters any more.

Rave on, my friend.  :D

It's practically impossible to enjoy anything or deal with any business that if you dig deep enough you won't find fault with. Some are more obvious and in your face about their stances then others. But I understand sometimes drawing the line when it comes to certain people or or businesses. I do it too.

I don't know much about any actors' politics, because I don't follow actors as such outside their movies. 

I figure that, in general, certainly with exceptions, most of them are going to lean liberal in their politics these days.

But one thing I wonder: what is the point of bringing up specific politics of actors in public forums? Is the idea to damage the experience that other people may have in watching a particular actor's movies? Or is it to enhance that experience?-- (probably not that.)

And when folks say, "it's just me and my opinion", then why spread it around?

11 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I don't know much about any actors' politics, because I don't follow actors as such outside their movies. 

I figure that, in general, certainly with exceptions, most of them are going to lean liberal in their politics these days.

But one thing I wonder: what is the point of bringing up specific politics of actors in public forums? Is the idea to damage the experience that other people may have in watching a particular actor's movies? Or is it to enhance that experience?-- (probably not that.)

And when folks say, "it's just me and my opinion", then why spread it around?

I'm not trying to influence anyone.  I'm simply stating my opinion on an open forum set aside to discuss non-gun subjects.  I have no other agenda, and if that offends you, you have a right to ignore my comments...as I plan to do yours.

i dont put much stock in anything actors say or do outside of their parts in the things i see them in , with the exceptions of JW , tom selick , and some others including the old rat pack , when actors become social activists i tune them out , they better play a good part in whatever they choose to do or i dont watch , however .........................

i did draw a line in the case of hanoi jane - i dont watch , i dont listen , and i dont look to support her in anything ..save maybe moving her to hanoi - permanently 

15 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm not trying to influence anyone.  I'm simply stating my opinion on an open forum set aside to discuss non-gun subjects.  I have no other agenda, and if that offends you, you have a right to ignore my comments...as I plan to do yours.

Well, I guess what we have here is a failure to communicate, as a fine Western actor said in a non-Western movie.

You praised the acting of Daniel Craig. That post was followed by 7 or 8 posts denouncing his politics, and throwing other actors' politics in for good measure, and having nothing to do with their acting abilities at all.

That was my only point.

Archived