SASS Wire Forum

An expensive way to get some all brass hulls

Buckshot Bob

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I got a whole case of those for Christmas last year.   The boxes came in a nice wooden crate.   Now all I need to do is either...

1.  Go deer hunting.

2.  Find a shoot (any game) where I need buckshot loads to use them at before I reload 'em for SASS use.  

Go to gun shows, find the vendors selling antique ammunition and see if they have brass hulls and ask him how low he will go.  Most antique brass hulls can be loaded using a large pistol primer, just like the Mag Techs brass hulls.  Really the only benefit over the Mag techs is you can get them in 10 gauge and they MAY be available now.  Not sure when Mag Tech brass hulls will be available again in the US, although I'm reasonably sure we'll see them again at some point.

25 minutes ago, Tennessee Snuffy said:

10 gauge brass hulls go for 10 to 12 EACH..

Only if you buy the brand new Rocky Mountain Cartridge CNC made or Track of the Wolf stamped (extruded?) like the Mag Tech ones.

I've gotten a bunch of antique 10 gauge 2 7/8 brass hulls that work perfectly fine with large pistol primers that cost about $5-$6 a piece

15 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Only if you buy the brand new Rocky Mountain Cartridge CNC made or Track of the Wolf stamped (extruded?) like the Mag Tech ones.

I've gotten a bunch of antique 10 gauge 2 7/8 brass hulls that work perfectly fine with large pistol primers that cost about $5-$6 a piece

So these being $5 ea isn’t as bad as I thought it was then. They must have been fairly popular because I just looked and they are gone 

3 hours ago, Chantry said:

He’s not lying! :D I’ve shot with him several times and they load/shoot/shuck perfectly! Just try not to step on them! :ph34r:

Hugs!

Scarlett

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

He’s not lying! :D I’ve shot with him several times and they load/shoot/shuck perfectly! Just try not to step on them! :ph34r:

Hugs!

Scarlett

FIFY:  I had the misfortune to shoot with him several times

Archived