SASS Wire Forum

This was unexpected

Utah Bob #35998

While on them porch having pizza and a Coke Mrs Pedacaris climbed up on the rail and kept reaching out with her paw. Next thing I know she was standing with her front paws on my chair. 

Then she jumped up into my lap. I thought she was going for the pizza but what interested her was my IPad. Which she promptly turned off and then left. A few minutes later she was back exploring the keyboard. Then she curled up under my chair in front of the heater. I came in when it hit 10° and she was still there. Interesting turn of events.

0C9800CA-1024-4D49-9655-E72142CE93B4.jpeg

12F13325-3082-4FE8-8D6D-A586E5936D21.jpeg

7C62BC87-B395-4E9E-B2BB-21DB6A22A701.jpeg

She has adopted you for sure. 

Coming home from the Rifle - Pistol Club meeting tonight I saw a different kind of kitty........a half grown lion in the road about 1/4 mile from my homeplace. We have had a problem the last couple of weeks. My neighbor saw it laying under a tree in his front yard eating one of his barn cats. I also found a dead, half eaten fawn in my yard and another neighbor lost one of his sheep to the lion too. Guess I'll call parks & Wildlife tomorrow and see if they can trap it and relocate it to the National Forest. 

Yep.

UB will soon have a bed buddy curled up with him, then taking over the bed.

I seriously doubt she will ever be a house cat. And I prefer it that way. I have purchased a commercially made cat domicile. She may or may not prefer it to the woods. Time will tell.

56 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

She has adopted you for sure. 

Coming home from the Rifle - Pistol Club meeting tonight I saw a different kind of kitty........a half grown lion in the road about 1/4 mile from my homeplace. We have had a problem the last coupler of weeks. My neighbor saw it laying under a tree in his front yard easting one of his barn cats. I also found a dead, half eaten fawn in my yard and another neighbor lost one of his sheep to the lion too. Guess I'll call parks & Wildlife tomorrow and see if they can trap it and relocate it to the National Forest. 

Sounds like a wonderful fireplace rug in the near future

15 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Dam' it can be a Dog House, but in this tender age, it must be a "Cat Domicile"! A effing amazing!

Certainly. If the wife is annoyed, it is perfectly acceptable for the man to be sent to the dog house. But it would not be acceptable for him to be sent to the cat house.

Therefore it must be a domicile.

28 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Dam' it can be a Dog House, but in this tender age, it must be a "Cat Domicile"! A effing amazing!

Surely you are not accusing me of being politically correct. I like the word domicile. It should be used more. Along with others like cockalorum and asunder. :)

19 hours ago, watab kid said:

i think everyone should have a cat and a dog , one controls the mice and such the other controls the cat .............FYI i love all pets so no flames intended here 

I had a black lab and a cat for many years. THE LAB WAS NOT IN CHARGE OF THE CAT. :D

My cat Panther was fascinated by my laptop and its keyboard. One day he figured out that a claw can launch letters just by prying. :blink:
I heard this funny noise coming from the spare room where the computer was. I saw Panther standing on the chair. One front paw steadying him as he used the other to flick keys off the board. It was funny until I realized they didn’t snap back on and the guys at Best Buy had no way of reattaching them. So, that laptop was downloaded and replaced and set aside for the cat to play with. The new one was never left open. 
Wouldn’t you know it, that darn cat never touched the old laptop again. :lol:

Watch your keys, Bob. Watch your keys. ;)

A mere $119.99 @ Tractor Supply here in NC. 

Every outdoor guardian car CAT needs one for those rainy days in CO.

image.jpeg.a272ada0575c0c0567f982818e75af8e.jpeg

A cardboard box will not do for the discriminating feline. :D

CJ

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

Build a nice box out of scrap and put a 100 watt bulb under it. Cozy.

It won't be long before Mrs. Pedacaris is in his lap in the house.:)

59 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

And then come the kitty litter and a potty box.

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

And then come the kitty litter and a potty box.

And a little monogrammed quilt. Or maybe it will be a WWII wool blanket in an ammo crate?

She will remain outside. Like most ferals . Too skittish to liver inside. Besides, I don’t like waking up to the sound of furnalls being hacked up. Been there! ;)

Archived