SASS Wire Forum

How hard to slick up a SKB 200E?

R. R. Ranger

I stupidly sold my SKB 200 by Dirt Merchant years ago. I am now thinking of shooting matches again but need replacement. If I could get my hands on another one (can only find 28” stock guns) , how hard is it the make them “cowboy”? I know there are couple of guy doing the work but I love a winter gun project. Are there tutorials online like for the 73’s?

Looking for advice.

It's easy.  Just use the Cowboy mail service to get it to Fast Eddie down in Georgia.  Within a month, you'll be ready to go.  I like to do things myself but I don't think I would practice on a $1,200 SKB.  I'll leave that to the experts.

I was thinking that would be a option,. Still, I would like to know what all is done to them then decide if too much for me. 

Spring work, funneling the breeches, polishing the chambers, polishing the mating surfaces so it falls open easily, adding a mechanical trigger reset.  Not a DIY project for the average shooter imho.

Fast Eddie is the man when it comes to SKBs. I have four of his and they’re indistinguishable from each other. 

How do I get in touch with him? I don’t know how to search for members to contact him directly.

Archived