SASS Wire Forum

LeMats

Vail Vigilante

Local gun store recently got a brace of cap and ball guns in from an estate. One of the guns was a LeMat. I did not fondle it but it was priced about $950ish. It sold in a week's time.

16 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Local gun store recently got a brace of cap and ball guns in from an estate. One of the guns was a LeMat. I did not fondle it but it was priced about $950ish. It sold in a week's time.

id have bought that - i seldom see anything that low when looking at these 

On 11/29/2022 at 1:45 PM, Trailrider #896 said:

I have a Hollyweird prop Lemat I used to make a holster for a customer some years ago.

Define what is weird about it.    Is it actually converted to fire cartridges somehow?   If so, do you wanna sell it?  Or is it weird in some other non historical way?

Pics would be nice.

Will Dunn, who left us this year, had one.  His story was that he was at a farm sale and bid on a box of rusty revolver parts.  Got it for $100.  Took it home and started playing around with the parts and had a complete LaMat.  He brought it out to show us one day.  It looked its age, but who cares.  I don't know if he ever shot it.

Chancy

Under the latest Supreme Court ruling the fact that a lemat exists is historical interpretation they should be allowed to be manufactured with modern cartridge and shells in mind

I have a friend who bought one  year of more ago.  He has bone cancer and recently got Parkinson's on top of that.  He' going to die without ever having fired it

He mentioned it last week and said it wasn't meant for him to fire, but he just wanted it for his collection.  Turns out he has about twenty different CW handguns, all different and all but the LeMat are originals.  I never even suspected he had them.

Archived