SASS Wire Forum

What Time Is It?

Subdeacon Joe

Five O’clock Somewhere 

But... but... but, is the sun o'er the yardarm??  :huh:  ^_^

"A traditional nautical saying to indicate that it is time for a morning drink. It was generally assumed in northern latitudes the sun would show above the foreyard of a ship by 1100, which was about the time in many ships of the forenoon ‘stand-easy’, when many officers would slip below for their first drink of the day."

:rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Hawg Runner, SASS #61139 said:

It's Howdy Doody Time! :P

DAMNDAMNDAMNDAMN! I came here to write that! You are a real Buzz Killington Mr. Runner!:D

50 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

It's

image.png.0363ba85cc0bb2a4f2485b8724b871e9.png

...... it is now 14:55, .... and you posted this about 49 minutes ago ........

....... so your clock is about right, ............... although your calendar might be a day late .......

:P

One year I had a group of students who were the worst clock-watchers I'd ever seen. Most didn't wear watches, and cell phones weren't allowed in class.

Took the wall clock face off, adjusted the hands on their spindles so that at 12:00 the hands would be aligned at 3:15. Later in the week changed the reference alignment to 7:35, then kept shifting it.

Drove. Them. Nuts. :lol:

19 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

One year I had a group of students who were the worst clock-watchers I'd ever seen. Most didn't wear watches, and cell phones weren't allowed in class.

Took the wall clock face off, adjusted the hands on their spindles so that at 12:00 the hands would be aligned at 3:15. Later in the week changed the reference alignment to 7:35, then kept shifting it.

Drove. Them. Nuts. :lol:

......... so, ..... that was you ???  :ph34r:

Archived