SASS Wire Forum

Happy 100th Birthday Charles "Sparky" Shultz

Cypress Sun

Happy Birthday to the guy who gave use Peanuts. Lovable loser Charlie Brown, overbearing, untrustworthy Lucy, ultra-cool Snoopy and all the rest of his characters. Good, clean humor that still has meaning in today's world.

Most of today's (11/26/22) comics are dedicated to him. A complete honor indeed. 

Thanks for letting me grow up with Charlie and the gang.

Charles (Sparky) Shultz, WWII Vet, Comic, Artist and Storyteller 11/26/22 - 2/12/2000

• Cypress Sun changed the title to Happy 100th Birthday Charles "Sparky" Shultz

I’ve been a Peanuts fan since the 60s and have a collection of all of his strips. Had a chance to meet him back in the 80’s when I was working for Hallmark Cards. Nice guy. 

As I recall, his studio and private hockey rink burned to the ground in the Paradise fire a few years ago. :(

There is a huge hotel near Denver International Airport, The Gaylord, that has a display called "Ice", which features Charlie Brown characters in ice. It is indoors, and you walk through halls with larger-than-life-size sculptures of all the Peanuts characters. The temperature is kept at 9-deg F, and they give you a parka to wear while walking through the display.  Absolutely fantastic! The ice is all multi-colored, not just plain. There is a sign warning not to touch or lick the sculptures! :P 

2 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

There is a sign warning not to touch or lick the sculptures! :P 

Peanuts with a "Christmas Story" twist.

Linus, "I double dog dare ya". Poor Charlie Brown gets the short end of the stick again.

Archived