SASS Wire Forum

Wild Bunch in your future?

Dom't need another one.  Mine is  .45 bought at The Bullet Barn in So Cal for 288.00 bout 14 years ago.  I swapper out the msgs for real Colt ones and got some pantograph carved double diamond walnut grips from Sarco got about $15.00 a pair. 

Since then I've had some cosmetics done.  Once I got the new mags ALL of the glitches vanished 

Why was this moved to the saloon? Is it not directly related to SASS shooting? There is some good discussion about the WBAS game on this forum, and it usually gets pushed off to the cesspool that is the Saloon. Could it happen on the WBAS wire? Sure. But why not let the discussion happen here if that's where it's started?

@PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L

1 minute ago, C.N. Double said:

Why was this moved to the saloon? Is it not directly related to SASS shooting? There is some good discussion about the WBAS game on this forum, and it usually gets pushed off to the cesspool that is the Saloon. Could it happen on the WBAS wire? Sure. But why not let the discussion happen here if that's where it's started?

It started out as a discussion of good deals on 1911s then yours truly came along and hijacked it to talk about caliber requirements, so it's probably my fault. 

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

It started out as a discussion of good deals on 1911s then yours truly came along and hijacked it to talk about caliber requirements, so it's probably my fault. 

In the Saloon, Tangents are what we do best. ;):)

1 hour ago, C.N. Double said:

Why was this moved to the Saloon? Is it not directly related to SASS shooting? There is some good discussion about the WBAS game on this forum, and it usually gets pushed off to the cesspool that is the Saloon. Could it happen on the WBAS wire? Sure. But why not let the discussion happen here if that's where it's started?

Since you asked:

The SASS Wire Forum is the official forum of The Single Action Shooting Society® (SASS®) and the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting™.

SASS Wire is a forum for the Membership of SASS and guests interested in SASS Cowboy Action Shooting.

Forum Guidelines

Topics unrelated to SASS Cowboy Action Shooting are (usually) relocated to the Saloon.
"The SASS Wire Saloon is the Social Gathering Spot to discuss topics not directly related to shooting in SASS Cowboy Action Shooting."

There is a separate forum for WBAS (Wild Bunch Action Shooting).
Links to that forum have been posted in this thread.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

^^^^^^
THIS :ph34r:

not really but i already have the guns and i just got my holster as a gift ......i doubt the benefactor dreamed of it being for that tho - i think it was to be a fancy BBQ holster as im known for my 1911 carry preferences 

13 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Would such a proposed rule change apply only to allowing .38/.357 to be added, or could I try to push 110 grain cast bullets @ 1400 fps in my .25-20's to make 154 PF? :ph34r:

Only if the required minimum bullet weight of 180gr would be dropped too...

My personal take on the rules: Besides some needed safety aspects, every sport has their chosen rules to make it their unique sport. So, all those rules are arbitrary by definition. They are wanted, not needed. They don't have to follow any "logics".

All dynamic shooting sports have their requirements regarding firearms and ammunition, SASS too. One cannot (unless beeing a buckaroo/buckarette) shoot .22s in a SASS above club level match. Does this rule "make sense"? In IPSC, I'm not allowed to shoot any of my single action revolvers by rule book (not that I wanted to...).

I highly respect the requirements in WBAS (>.40 cal, >150 PF, >180gr bullet) to make and keep that game rather a shooting sport than a plinking sport and the intention to keep the numbers of categories low. The same as I highly respect SASS to provide a game that allows almost everybody to play and operate guns at maximum speed due to minimalistic ammunition requirements. But please don't mix it.

Just my opinion, Equanimous Phil

To me the guns of WB are 1911 and a pump shotgun (I don't shoot a pump in cowboy so that's a huge difference for me) so yes, I had to buy a pump. The rifle is almost an after thought. I've shot plenty of 5 round rifle stages so a rifle ain't all that big of a deal as long as it meets caliber requirement... no real rifle tuning needed. Most of your time savings will not be racing a rifle, but with smooth, effortless 1911 mag changes.

16 hours ago, C.N. Double said:

Cesspool. Really? Not very nice.

I no longer shoot "Wild Bunch". I couldn't keep up with all the different sequences when they started increasing number of magazines and round count, (old age). But with all the firearms I purchased for CAS, buying a pump and 45 caliber rifle was the least worry or output since I could also use them for CAS.

What I found amazing is how many complained about purchasing a 1911 in 45, a pump or 45 caliber rifle, down the road late would brag about a new rifle, shotgun, and or pistol(s).

I actually like the standards they set for WB, same for those that shoot Classic Cowboy.  Its how the game was set up. As to monthly WB games, however clubs set it up and what type guns or calibers maybe used is their choices, but anything above, I like that standards are set and everyone shoots at the same level with ammo and firearms. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived