SASS Wire Forum

Why gun laws don't work

Lawdog Dago Dom

If you had life imprisonment for using a gun to commit a violent crime, but a less than aggressive prosecutor, the deterrence factor fails.

That's about as polite as I can put it.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-gun-arrests-2021-convictions-vufa-20210330.html 

52 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

It's kinda like they want the crime just so they can blame guns. It's just disgusting.:angry:

NOT KINDA’!!  That is EXACTLY what they want!!  So long as they have “gun crime” and guns to blame, they can vilify guns and gun ownership.  With that garbage in their pocket, they can preach and demand gun control and confiscation and justify their demands to those who are misinformed or fooled by these no good traitors and their complicit media minions.

Violence is violence whether it is committed with a gun or a knife or a tree branch.  Crime is crime no matter who comits it or how!

I read the article and it focused on people arrested on no other charges than carrying a gun illegally.  Seems like it would make sense to just get constitutional carry and just prosecute people who actually commit crimes with a gun, not just the crime of having one on their person, unless they are a convicted felon.   Btw the article didn’t seem to differentiate between felons carrying vs someone just carrying illegally.  If it did I missed it.  

when you get 40% of your cases tossed due to no witnesses, seems like it’s a big waste of police resources.  

1 hour ago, Still hand Bill said:

I read the article and it focused on people arrested on no other charges than carrying a gun illegally.  Seems like it would make sense to just get constitutional carry and just prosecute people who actually commit crimes with a gun, not just the crime of having one on their person, unless they are a convicted felon.   Btw the article didn’t seem to differentiate between felons carrying vs someone just carrying illegally.  If it did I missed it.  

when you get 40% of your cases tossed due to no witnesses, seems like it’s a big waste of police resources.  

In a typical police report, the assigned/arresting officer writes the initial report. That is reviewed by an immediate supervisor, usually a sergeant or other squad supervisor. Then that is sent to a unit/platoon commander, usually a lieutenant. Then to the prosecutor's office. So the prosecuting attorney wants us to believe that not only are the street cops incompetent, but so are the next two levels of command that sign off on reports? A police agency with that level of intelligence had better start issuing velcro shoes, because those cops would be at the peak of their intelligence trying to tie a knot.

Illinois' Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx, also has dismissed over one third of felony arrests. So are these cops also falling into the shallow end of the gene pool as well?

George Soros, who is a big fan of incarceration reform (no bail, low bail, probation, parole, etc) wrote a nice check to the independent PAC that was backing Larry Krasner in Philadelphia, on April 28, 2017 for $1.45 million. On February 20, 2020 he donated $2 million to Kim Foxx's campaign.

Sometimes money not only talks, it screams.

I’m going to make this as simple as it can be!!  All the rest that is said is wasted words!!

GUN LAWS DO NOT WORK BECAUSE CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY LAWS!!!

Everything else that can be said is just so much pointless prose!!

Krasner attributes the drop in convictions in part to police submitting weaker evidence or more cases being tossed out by judges because witnesses didn’t show up in court.

If you don't show up for your hearing, your case is dismissed??

The police commissioners name is Outlaw. :lol:

Archived