SASS Wire Forum

Did the Cimarron 87’s ever show ? If so were they any good?

Buckshot Bob

I don't know anyone who has or has even seen one.

Hey H. K.,  With a market share of two (you and one other) I wouldn't hold my breath for that long barrel and full choke.

4 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

:) 

Can I at least dream?

The video says the lower grade gun has a IC , so I would think that’s a fixed. Maybe you could buy the longer bbl one and put a poly choke on it to get to 30 :) . It’s not a screw in :) 

On 11/24/2022 at 10:59 PM, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Why can't they just give us a long barrel with a full choke?  I hate choke tubes.

Perhaps a Winchester barrel could be rethreaded to fit?  A local shooter, Ben Sunday (R.I.P.) had an original '87 and Lonnie Amman installed a different barrel on it (from a '97 maybe?  I'm not sure) so he could shoot smokeless (AA's).  Most things like this can be done with enough $$$$.

On 11/24/2022 at 9:59 PM, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Why can't they just give us a long barrel with a full choke?  I hate choke tubes.

You can alway do that by having a shotgun smith add a length to the barrel and choosing the choke you want.  I did that to a IAC 87 adding 6” to a 20” barrel and it was perfect and was impossible to see where it was spliced. I had it done by a well known shotgun smith ( first name Pat ) in Wells, Minnesota. Somewhere out there is a the only IAC 87 with a 26” barrel & Lassiter load two modification and I would like to have it back. Can’t remember what I paid but it truly wasn’t that expensive.

Archived