SASS Wire Forum

What would Thanksgiving be without Alice

Cheatin Charlie

Our trash pick up is Mondays and Thursdays. Obviously, they weren't going to pick up today. The garbage is going to stink by Monday so my gal suggested that I take the garbage and toss it into some stores dumpster. I told her that that is illegal most of the time. She said so. I asked her if she had ever heard Alice's Restaurant. She  didn't remember hearing it. I think I'll wait until Monday for the trash...don't need any 8 x 10 color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows detailing the charges against me.:ph34r::P

1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

Our trash pick up is Mondays and Thursdays. Obviously, they weren't going to pick up today. The garbage is going to stink by Monday so my gal suggested that I take the garbage and toss it into some stores dumpster. I told her that that is illegal most of the time. She said so. I asked her if she had ever heard Alice's Restaurant. She  didn't remember hearing it. I think I'll wait until Monday for the trash...don't need any 8 x 10 color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows detailing the charges against me.:ph34r::P

And then, just imagine sitting on the Group W bench.:P

34 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have never seen the attraction to that movie. Alice’s Restaurant, not Die Hard. 

By the way, think Die Hard isn’t a Christmas movie? It’s #2 on this list of 100. :lol:
https://m.imdb.com/list/ls000096828/

Most folks don't even know that there is an Alice's Restaurant movie. They've only heard the song...well, parts of it...back then, the attention span wasn't very long...kinda like these days.

Die Hard is a great movie, but doesn't even crack the top 5 Christmas movies for me. Do like the movie though...sets the premise for all of the other Die Hard movies and graduated Bruce from Moonlighting to action star.

Some years ago Arlo told a great story about how Alice’s Restaurant figured into the Watergate Scandal. Regarding the infamous 18 minute gap in the White House Tapes, listen to Arlo explain what happened near the end of this recording. 

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Most folks don't even know that there is an Alice's Restaurant movie. They've only heard the song...well, parts of it...back then, the attention span wasn't very long...kinda like these days.

Die Hard is a great movie, but doesn't even crack the top 5 Christmas movies for me. Do like the movie though...sets the premise for all of the other Die Hard movies and graduated Bruce from Moonlighting to action star.

Honestly, I don’t consider Die Hard to be a Christmas movie either, but I do end up watching it around Christmas each year. ;)

Regarding the movie Alice’s Restaurant, all my “back east” friends always watched it at Thanksgiving when I lived in CA. If I recall there was a TV station that played it numerous times around Thanksgiving. 

Archived