SASS Wire Forum

As God As My Witness, I Thought Turkeys' Could Fly

Cypress Sun

Now I understand domestic turkeys, because they're bred for the giant breast, and they're just not balanced right.

But wild turkeys can fly. The question is, how well? If you threw a wild turkey out at 2,000 ft, could he fly to the ground?

Or would it be like tossing me out the car door at 60 mph? I can run, but I can't run 60, and even if I could I wouldn't be able to do it for long, and I would quickly fall flat on my face.

"As God is my witness, I thought Alpo could run"

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Still hilarious after all these years. Loved that show. Thanks Cypress Sun. :)

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Thanks, Cy.  Still one of the funniest scenes ever on TV

A timeless classic in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

Now I understand domestic turkeys, because they're bred for the giant breast, and they're just not balanced right.

But wild turkeys can fly. The question is, how well? If you threw a wild turkey out at 2,000 ft, could he fly to the ground?

Or would it be like tossing me out the car door at 60 mph? I can run, but I can't run 60, and even if I could I wouldn't be able to do it for long, and I would quickly fall flat on my face.

"As God is my witness, I thought Alpo could run"

A wild one might be able to fly down OK, but not sure! I've seen them fly long distances off the mountain, but not at much altitude. I've also seen them "fly" down in the morning and forget the fly part. They've hit the ground like a lead basket ball.:) Shake themselves off and walk away from me. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

A wild one might be able to fly down OK, but not sure! I've seen them fly long distances off the mountain, but not at much altitude. I've also seen them "fly" down in the morning and forget the fly part. They've hit the ground like a lead basket ball.:) Shake themselves off and walk away from me. :mellow:

Got bunches of Wild Turkeys near.  Fast runners, strong flyers.

Archived