SASS Wire Forum

Thanksgiving !

Dusty Devil Dale

I'll be mostly on the road tomorrow, so I'll wish all of you a happy, healthy Thanksgiving now, just a bit early.  I hope you can all spend tomorrow with family and friends.  I'm very thankful for all of the blessings I have received, and I will try to remember the "giving" part as well and try to share those blessings, paying them forward.  

Do enjoy this special holiday!!!

Safe travels Dusty, have a great day today, tomorrow and the next.

9 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Kaya is making me take her hunting in the morning. (Kicks his foot with his hands in his pockets...) Tradition for us.

When I was 11 or so, Thanksgiving always began at 4:30 AM, sitting in a frozen pit goose blind with my dad.  Those memories are special now, 62 years later.   (He died of cancer two days after my 13th birthday.)  

Cherish every single minute !

1 hour ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

When I was 11 or so, Thanksgiving always began at 4:30 AM, sitting in a frozen pit goose blind with my dad.  Those memories are special now, 62 years later.   (He died of cancer two days after my 13th birthday.)  

Cherish every single minute !

My dad and I always deer or rabbit hunted on Thanksgiving. I stopped after he died. My daughter thought it would be great if we restarted that tradition.

50 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

My dad and I always deer or rabbit hunted on Thanksgiving. I stopped after he died. My daughter thought it would be great if we restarted that tradition.

That's truly wonderful.  Do Enjoy!

My all-time favorite Thanksgiving memory is of a magical day back in the 70's.  My old pal Woody and I spent the day in a goose blind; for Thanksgiving dinner we shared two turkey TV dinners, cooked in the blind on a Coleman stove.

The ol' boy passed thirty years ago.  I still miss 'im.  

image.thumb.jpeg.88250b8886963741b7e44a33b77aee00.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Thank you for your comraderie and help over the year. :) Be well and enjoy the day with your friends and families.

EH

Archived