SASS Wire Forum

2023 Georgia State SASS Championship - Update 3/12/23

Krazy Kajun

Only a few camping spots left. If you want to camp, it would be good to let me know & to get your app in.

• Krazy Kajun changed the title to 2023 Georgia State SASS Championship - Update 3/12/23
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are about 2 months out from the GA State match and are at 104 registered shooters.  There still plenty of room if you want to come and join in on the fun.  Below are links that you might find helpful.....all of this information is on the state match website located here.

Main match application

Black Powder match application

Whose Coming

Schedule

If you have any questions please let me know and I'll get you the answers.

Hope to see ya'll in Georgia,

Kajun

• 2 weeks later...

We still have a few campsites left, but not many. If you are coming & want to camp, it's time to let me know. Water & electric, both 30a & 50a on all sites. No sewer, but there is a dump station. And there is a shower facility.  

16 minutes ago, MizPete said:

I don't see Petey on the list.  I wanna be there & camp.  Do something.

If you wanna camp you better get in touch with Max Payne NOW, not many spots left open to camp on the range. No application, no camping spot. 

As of today’s mail we are at 133 shooters and are about 1 1/2 months out. 

Kajun

• 5 weeks later...

Attention all you Long Range and Wannabee long-range shooters we are going to also have another great Long Range match. Categories this year include 

• Buffalo (Black-Powder only) 2022 champion GUNNBY
  • Single Shot Rifle (Black and Smokeless combined) 2022 champions MUSTANG DAVE
  • Optical Rifle 2022 champion MUSTANG DAVE
  • Lever Action Rifle caliber 2022 Champion GUNNBY
  • Lever Action revolver caliber (you can shoot your SASS match rifle) 2022 champion MUSTANG DAVE
  • Single Action Revolver 2022 champion HUNTER SAM

• 2 weeks later...

I delivered some targets out at the range this afternoon and set up is well under way....should be another great match.

Kajun

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I asked the Iron Cowboy to get them as close as he can get away with.  We'll see.

Yeah Iron Cowboy helped get the SG targets off my truck....he's doing his Daddy proud. And always remember, in the morning before the shooting starts at any match there is always the Match Director's Inspection and Adjustment Procedure.  :lol:

Kajun

10 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Can't wait, our first time shooting in Jawja.

Bring your banjo.  Maybe we'll get to play a few tunes around the campfire 

On 3/12/2023 at 1:38 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

If you have any questions please let me know and I'll get you the answers

Where is the awards ceremony?  The real question: do I need to bring dress-up clothes for an off-site banquet?

And food.  To share.  What & when?  I don't want roast possum & turnip greens odors in the camper.  It needs to get done before I leave here.

6 hours ago, Fretless said:

Not your doing, but the list on that website seems to be from a few months ago.

It was last updated 4/26. Now that our Cajun friend is back from KY/AL I’m sure we’ll get an update.

6 hours ago, MizPete said:

Where is the awards ceremony?  The real question: do I need to bring dress-up clothes for an off-site banquet?

And food.  To share.  What & when?  I don't want roast possum & turnip greens odors in the camper.  It needs to get done before I leave here.

Awards are on site. No need for dress up clothes, but nothing wrong with wearing them if you want to.

I heard from a semi-reliable source that we are over 180 shooters.  Of course I may be mistaken cause I'm still learning to interpret Swamp French.  He may have been talking about the weigh-in of the LSU cheerleaders. 

It's time to start packing the camper.  This is going to be a good one.

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

last updated 4/26.

Strange.  When I opened it on my phone I got a PDF that says as of 3/10, and I'm not on it.  Am I on the list you're seeing.  I know I'm registered.Screenshot_20230512-082855.thumb.png.d8ce8087e2de35c385127a1d748a9637.png

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I heard from a semi-reliable source that we are over 180 shooters.  Of course I may be mistaken cause I'm still learning to interpret Swamp French.  He may have been talking about the weigh-in of the LSU cheerleaders. 

It's time to start packing the camper.  This is going to be a good one.

186 registered shooters.....number is subject to change depending on Bob's depends.  And also depends on whether certain Dawgs show up, even with an invitation and paid admission you can just never tell about those no-show Dawgs.

Enough of the levity here, let's get to packing and getting ready for another great GA state match.  Bon temps ya'll.

Kajun

10 hours ago, Fretless said:

Strange.  When I opened it on my phone I got a PDF that says as of 3/10, and I'm not on it.  Am I on the list you're seeing.  I know I'm registered.Screenshot_20230512-082855.thumb.png.d8ce8087e2de35c385127a1d748a9637.png

That normally means that your computer is bringing up an older file from you computer cache. 

Do a refresh (the little circle) or F% to force a reload of the data from the web.

4 hours ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

When I opened it on my phone

4 hours ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

means that your computer is bringing up an older file from you computer cache. 

I think you missed one little detail.:P

However.  That is basically how I fixed it.  I had to go in and delete the old files....a few times.

4 hours ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Any idea when the posse list will be released?

I think it's in a constant state of flux until Thursday morning.  There's a whole lot of cyphering that goes into producing the posse lists.

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

There's a whole lot of cyphering that goes into producing the posse lists.

It seems people still refuse to understand there's a lot more to creating posse's than who you want to shoot with.

17 minutes ago, MizPete said:

It seems people still refuse to understand there's a lot more to creating posse's than who you want to shoot with.

Such as?

Archived