SASS Wire Forum

Has Nicolas Cage done a western before?

Buckshot Bob

Apparently I was confused about the plot. When I saw this trailer in the other thread, I thought the little girl had been assaulted. Thus the sheriff's comment - as long as that little girl is alive revenge isn't necessary.

But watching the trailer this time - same trailer - it appears that Mama was the one that was assaulted and killed.

But now the comment about the little girl being alive doesn't make any sense.

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

Apparently I was confused about the plot. When I saw this trailer in the other thread, I thought the little girl had been assaulted. Thus the sheriff's comment - as long as that little girl is alive revenge isn't necessary.

But watching the trailer this time - same trailer - it appears that Mama was the one that was assaulted and killed.

Maybe seeing the movie will clear it up. ;)

Maybe not.

18 minutes ago, Alpo said:

In other words, ( a long paraphrase) "You got that little girl to think of.  You can't go off seeking vengeance, gittin' yerself kilt and leavin' her all alone".

2 hours ago, Whiskey Hicks said:

Nicholas Cage doesn’t always pick the greatest scripts, but he definitely always tries to give it his all.

I read somewhere he was broke for a while and would do anything for money, hopefully this isn’t the case. And honestly who knows if it is true with all the stories you get about Hollywood. But if it is it might explain some of his choices 

If you like Nicholas Cage all his movies are entertaining because of Cages's acting and quirks and his sometimes perfect insanity on screen. Maybe not the greatest script or movie, but Cage always pulls off his character.

5 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I read somewhere he was broke for a while and would do anything for money, hopefully this isn’t the case. And honestly who knows if it is true with all the stories you get about Hollywood. But if it is it might explain some of his choices 

I doubt he was ever broke! He's Frances Ford Coppola's nephew. He's been married 5 times and has several lawsuits against him one for domestic abuse.  I was never crazy about his acting, he's in the business because of his uncle regardless of what he wants you to believe.

It's a western though and I'll check it out! :)

21 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I doubt he was ever broke! He's Frances Ford Coppola's nephew. He's been married 5 times and has several lawsuits against him one for domestic abuse.  I was never crazy about his acting, he's in the business because of his uncle regardless of what he wants you to believe.

He's been been married 5 times which means presumably divorced at least 4. That of course means he has been broke! :D

23 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Well if he’s been divorced 5 times maybe he was in the rears for alimony and child support. The point of the article I read seemed to be he needed money so he was taking anything that was offered to him 
I’d say I’m about 50/50 on his movies , he’s had some good ones and some real turds . I liked the national treasure ones and the one where he’s an arms dealer, gone in 60 seconds. There was also one where he was a asthmatic gangster with David Caruso “when he was popular” 
Hopefully it goes to streaming soon I think it’s been at least 12 years since I’ve been in a movie theater 

17 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

He was real good in Moonstruck, and in Leaving Las Vegas, though the latter is pretty painful to watch as I remember.

Yup. Leaving Las Vegas was incredible acting. Dark but excellent.

Archived