SASS Wire Forum

Southeast Open Magnificent Seven (updated)

Captain Bill Burt

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Throw in the @Yohan and you might get his attention.  I'm not sure you can beat him though.  He's always talking about whoopin up on you, and me.

Last match I shot with Yohan, he beat himself.  I know how that goes because I’ve been there and done that myself!

Randy 

Well I don't stand a chance shooting against TW and Randy, but that won't stop me from trying.  Put me down for Duelist.  I'm definitely shooting Alabama and Tennessee and was thinking about adding Georgia anyway, so why not?

On 12/10/2022 at 12:13 AM, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Well I don't stand a chance shooting against TW and Randy, but that won't stop me from trying.  Put me down for Duelist.  I'm definitely shooting Alabama and Tennessee and was thinking about adding Georgia anyway, so why not?

Wish I could do the same. Brought up the Georgia Match to the Boss... should change here alias cuz it wasn't "May B Knott", it was "H3ll No". :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Ranger Dan said:

Wish I could do the same. Brought up the Georgia Match to the Boss... should change here alias cuz it wasn't "May B Knott", it was "H3ll No". :wacko:

Whut?!?!?!  You have to present it right.  Fox Theatre, Ginormous Aquarium, Lennox Mall, there's gotta be something in Atlanta she would like to do!

17 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Whut?!?!?!  You have to present it right.  Fox Theatre, Ginormous Aquarium, Lennox Mall, there's gotta be something in Atlanta she would like to do!

She shoots as much as he does, that won't work. He needs to buy her a new gun and tell her he will save the entrance fee money in shipping cost. 

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

We picked up another sponsor today.  Buffalo's Wild West will be chipping in prizes. 

http://www.buffaloswildwest.com/

CBB, you are setting up the greatest event in SASS history!

Wish you  and your crew the very best in this endeavor:excl:

I've had some good questions come in via PM.  I thought it would be a good idea to share my responses.

For the overall winners we'll definitely rank by Mag 7 participants counting all of them regardless of category.  Depending upon the number signed up we'll either rank Mag 7 categories within that category (i.e. three Mag7 duelists would be ranked 1-3 within that category) or if we don 't have a large number of sign ups it would probably be better to just rank them using their overall Mag 7 rank points (i.e.  20 Mag7 participants at a match would mean everyone receives a rank between 1-20 regardless of category). I want to avoid a situation where one Mag7 category (for example duelist) shows up at a match and therefore gets 1 rank point within that category.

Once we're closer to the start I'll have a better idea which system will be better based on how many people have signed up.  

I moved too fast on the categories assuming we would have some categories that it looks like might not happen.  Right now, we'll clearly have Overall, Overall Lady, Gunfighter, Duelist, Frontier Cartridge, Silver Senior and Silver Senior Lady buckles (plus Juniors).  If we get enough sign up for additional buckles I'm happy to do that.  Let me know if you're interested in a category we're not currently offering.

The seven state matches sponsored the first seven buckles.  I'm sponsoring a Junior buckle.  Everything else will be paid out of whatever is left over after covering participant and clean match pins.  I'm still waiting for a quote on those, though the design is already set and looks nice.  We're going to get quality pins.  I'm guestimating the cost will be equal to or less than $10 per shooter, which leaves another $10+ each for buckles.  If that holds up that means roughly for every 9 people beyond 30 I'll be able to buy another buckle. (buckles are currently $79.95 plus tax and shipping).

Hope this helps update folks.  I'm definitely open to suggestions and dialog on this.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:23 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Throw in the @Yohan and you might get his attention.  I'm not sure you can beat him though.  He's always talking about whoopin up on you, and me.

what did I miss? :-) I am definitely planning on all of these matches except I'll miss Florida I have to actually work sometimes :-)

On 12/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, Max Payne said:

Yohan must be asleep! I know he won't let me get away with this!

oh I missed this Yeah I have been getting over on you except that last time :-) Maybe another time before that :-0 hahahaha!

8 hours ago, Palmetto Traveller said:

High Cotton Kitty will participate as well (Lady's Frontier Cartridge if available). And Kitty's Kloset has agreed to sponsor a buckle. Now we've got to get some more Ladies involved.

That's great!  Thank's so much!  That brings us to 30 participants, all seven matches sponsoring as well as Bullets by Scarlett, Buffalo's Wild West, and Kitty's Kloset!

Archived