SASS Wire Forum

Wire Troubleshooting - Try Again!?

Misty Moonshine

Hi everyone... 

We *think* we are making some progress troubleshooting some of the  issues you've been having with the forum; at least, we think we may finally have someone from Invision "attempting" to assist us. 

We have been told to disable our add-ons to see if an add on is causing the trouble. (One of these add ons is a Spam blocker). 

It is their go-to for troubleshooting- ruling out the possibilities of plugins/addons causing issues. 

We have disabled the add ons,- but now we need to know if everyone is still having the issues they were having  (ie: no Wire Saloon when signed in, navigation issues, messaging issues,  etc.)... Please let us know ASAP by commenting here. 

If the issues are continuing, we will re-enable those addons since that will mean they aren't causing the problem. 

Thanks,
Misty

That is a common approach to solving software problems, see if someone else’s software is causing the problem first.  )). It is a practical approach too.

I recall such a problem with a major customer, I won’t name the customer but they are synonymous with satellite television. In that case though the problem was in the operating system which, of course, we could not remove.

I have not had any problems at all logging into the Wire, Saloon, Classifieds or Other. I'm using a desktop 99% of the time. I did use a cell phone yesterday to log into the Saloon to post a pic, no problems at all. Desktop has all of the possible spam/etc killers activated, I have no idea what settings the cell phone has activated.

Well, I completely closed out of the Saloon on my iPhone then reactivated the link on Safari and it took me right to the Saloon. I made a couple of posts clicked on some smileys and clicking “go to topic listing” brought me right back to the Saloon and not Team SASS or the Wire. :D

Other than my original Avatar going walk-about, my desk-top and my Lap-top are OK here in Canada, using Google.

I think that stupid feature of “merging posts” has disappeared. 
If one makes a post on a thread addressing one point, saves it, then makes another post within a short period of time, perhaps to address something else the system would merge your posts. More often than not it would look like the poster was schizophrenic or weird. 

This post is to test the prior post. 

Tried logging into my account from my laptop and on first try was told the account was locked.
Tried a few hours later, no problem.
Woke up about 2 am and tried to log in.
Locked out again.
Waited a half hour, tried again, still locked.

Went back to bed.

Still locked this morning.

Used the "Change Password" feature.
Works now.

There may have been a hacker attempt because my wife is a member but hasn't posted for better than a year, and the warning e-mail was addressed to "Firecracker Mel" instead of me.

Still problems with my IPad. Only with the Saloon though. I’m calling it Carrie Nation malware!

1B0D16D8-89B6-4054-98DF-48088291D997.jpeg

10 hours ago, Deacon Henry, SASS #53503L said:

Same issues with IPhone  with getting to saloon. Can get it in google but not with chrome. 

Have you tried using Safari?

So far the wife hasn't given me trouble.
At least not yet, but recently she had me putting down flooring, putting up ceiling tile and hanging Christmas lights.

Every time she gets an idea it costs me work! :D:D:D

I did have an interesting problem last night trying to log into the Saloon ...

Entered the wrong password and after ONE TRY, the account locked. Usually it takes three wrong tries to lock it.

This morning it was fine.

My Lenovo PC, fine.
My Lenovo Laptop, fine.

My Motorola Ace, Forums, fine, TEAMSASS fine, Saloon - Error 500, although if I log into Forums and check my notices I can get to that thread in the Saloon, and get to Next Unread in the Saloon, but if I try to go to Topic Listing in the Saloon I get the Error 500 message.

On 11/19/2022 at 2:41 PM, Warden Callaway said:

Alias lookup?

Hello Warden Callaway: 

I've addressed this elsewhere; the Alias lookup (on the SASS website and NOT a Wire Forum issue) was eliminated when we launched the new website. We are looking into ways to add it to the new site in an updated database module, but will need some time to do so. 

Misty

1 hour ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Hello Warden Callaway: 

I've addressed this elsewhere; the Alias lookup (on the SASS website and NOT a Wire Forum issue) was eliminated when we launched the new website. We are looking into ways to add it to the new site in an updated database module, but will need some time to do so. 

Misty

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

My Lenovo PC, fine.
My Lenovo Laptop, fine.

My Motorola Ace, Forums, fine, TEAMSASS fine, Saloon - Error 500, although if I log into Forums and check my notices I can get to that thread in the Saloon, and get to Next Unread in the Saloon, but if I try to go to Topic Listing in the Saloon I get the Error 500 message.

Hi Subdeacon Joe: 

We are still troubleshooting- can you please try this again and let me know if it works now? 

Thanks!
Misty

I have had no problems logging on using my"smart" phone.

I'm an El Rey!!!

:-)

'

1 hour ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Hi Subdeacon Joe: 

We are still troubleshooting- can you please try this again and let me know if it works now? 

Thanks!
Misty

Hah!   Got right to the Saloon!  Thank you, Ma'am.

I'll keep you advised of anything else.

6 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Hi Subdeacon Joe: 

Thanks!
Misty

I do seem to be seeing a lot more of this on my phone.

Screenshot_20221121-175138-906.png

17 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Can you please run through it all again? We made another change that we are hoping fixes the issues. 

Let me know. 

Misty

Yes. Here goes. Posting this then immediately posting another to see if they merge. 

The sun is out, the birds are singing. 

Nope.. still merging posts. This should be the third post. 

The merging of posts is just annoying. It’s not a major issue, but let’s say I want compliment Subdeacon Joe for a post he made , but I also want to address Pat Riot for having a weird sense of humor and both posts merge, it can be a little strange. 

If I want two separate posts in order to give Pat Riot grief for being weird and not detract from a compliment to Joe I have to wait a few minutes or I can leave that thread, go to another thread post something else or click a “like” smiley and then I can come back and make that ever so important post to Pat Riot. 

Archived