SASS Wire Forum

Need Insurance Pricing for ROA's

Pee Wee #15785

I have a pair of ROA's long factory barrels, fixed sights, Brass Ruger factory grip/trigger guard (will not letter).  These guns were the personal guns of Lash aka Larry Shull, New Philadelphia , OHIO 44663.  He was a gunsmith in SASS in the early 2000's.  They have been shoot as main match guns, 1-3 matches/month, so no idea how many rounds through them.  They have factory grips and and Ironwood Grips by Caey Chapman.  Not consecutive serial numbers and no boxes.  Do have a letter from Mr Shull stating they were his guns used till an acident stopped him using them.

I told insurance replacement value was in the neighborhood of $2500. 

Am I under or over on replacement price?

Good Afternoon:

I knew Lash, & shot with him every month at The Tusco Long Riders.
He is very much missed by us old-timers at Tusco.
There is really no "replacement value" for these, as ROAs have not been made for years.

But, given that they have brass trigger gripframes (very hard to find), I would estimate that the value for the pair is closer to $3000.

You're lucky to have those -- They are nice guns, and I would love to have one of Lash's guns in my collection.

--Dawg

After I got them I shot several IN and KY State shoots with them.  This was before Paradise Pass was formed.  He sold them to me after his motorcycle accident.  Said his hand was hurt and he couldn't work the hammers right.

He continued to shoot ROAs -- 5-1/2 stainless with conversion cylinders -- two-handed.

My wife used to come with me to Tusco, and we were always put on Lash's posse.

Lash was her favorite timer operator -- He had a very calming demeanor -- She always shot better when he was running the timer!

--Dawg

When ROAs are talked about,  someone always ask where can you buy one? Well, they are like mushrooms,  you just stumble on them. Found these two in a chainsaw/pawn shop in a remote small town.  Wish they were 5-1/2" but beggers can't be choosers.  Then walked into our favorite toy store and he had several to chose from.  I'm not a Ruger fan but really like the Old Army. 

1652524319_RugerOldArmyDec2020.thumb.jpg.e869d5dd2e854dbde13d6e0f9bfe84ef.jpg

1296879421_RugerOldArmyandcapholderNovember2021.jpg.8f0f6c5fbd9d6a629ecda373c548c332.jpg76388926_RugerOldArmystainlessDec2021.jpg.f84cb365ac9ad451314fbacaeac30ebc.jpg

Archived