SASS Wire Forum

Cooper quote

Lawdog Dago Dom

4 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Truth!

YEAH!!!  But don’t try to use it on liberals and leftists!!

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

And your credentials and contributions are...?

I don’t claim anything but to be just a simple man unlike Cooper whose ego was boundless 

I have never been a big fan of Jeff Cooper. His military career wasn’t “combat”, of course when you try and look up what he did it’s been washed, but he was an instructor and he worked artillery. He was definitely not a front line combatant. 
Most of his teachings are his adaptations of someone else’s work, like most instructors. 
He fine tuned others works to use them at his school and in his teachings. 
I don’t think he was a complete fake and he did open a lot of people’s eyes in regards to gun training but I he was more show than he was go. 

My opinion. 

21 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

That doesn't make him wrong.

No matter who, what, where, when or how the quote is attributed or any percieved issue with the quotee, the message of the quote itself is entirely correct.

32 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

No matter who, what, where, when or how the quote is attributed or any percieved issue with the quotee, the message of the quote itself is entirely correct.

Yes it is 

16 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

A legend in his own mind 

Honestly just about anyone in a position of leadership or that promotes themselves or a philosophy is. Plus if you have a group of fans telling you how great you are all the time like sports stars or actors. They tend to get full of themselves. 
I do see him as a pioneer of teaching self defense techniques to the everyday citizen. And as far as teaching someone else’s material, what teacher doesn’t? There’s not much that’s new out there.

And besides someone has to be sure they’re right all the time :) 

22 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Truth!

Yes, BUT!!!

Regardless of what you think of Col. Cooper, he misses one point: WHEN ARE THESE GOOD MEN (AND WOMEN) GOING TO GET OFF THEIR BUTTS AND BEGIN TO CORRECT THE SITUATION INSTEAD OF SITTING AROUND JAW-JACKING ABOUT IT.

There are huge percentages of so called conservatives who don't even bother to vote, much less do anything to contribute to the fight.  They frighten me a lot more the the leftist pukes who organize legal or illegal attacks on the nation every time there's an election.....and the good guys sit around and bitch about it.

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yes, BUT!!!

Regardless of what you think of Col. Cooper, he misses one point: WHEN ARE THESE GOOD MEN (AND WOMEN) GOING TO GET OFF THEIR BUTTS AND BEGIN TO CORRECT THE SITUATION INSTEAD OF SITTING AROUND JAW-JACKING ABOUT IT.

There are huge percentages of so called conservatives who don't even bother to vote, much less do anything to contribute to the fight.  They frighten me a lot more the the leftist pukes who organize legal or illegal attacks on the nation every time there's an election.....and the good guys sit around and bitch about it.

A-freakin’-MEN!

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yes, BUT!!!

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A-freakin’-MEN!

I voted. The other side cheated, again. 

It's been said that we need to vote people into office that will clean up the thing. But how do we do that when they cheat so that their people win anyway? 

33 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I voted. The other side cheated, again. 

It's been said that we need to vote people into office that will clean up the thing. But how do we do that when they cheat so that their people win anyway? 

Use the same tactics they do. I would classify myself as a libertarian for the party philosophy I agree the most with. But as a party they are worse than the republicans at getting elected. Something the CA people should be glad about is this election cycle some of the republicans used CA as a testing ground for ballot harvesting, they played the democrats game. And that was the reason you saw a few CA house seats flipped. If you want to get in power to change the rules you have to play by the current set of rules and win. Crying about them will get you nowhere. And as a politician if you’re not willing to do that you’re not going to be making policy. Just about all the libertarian party and the go along to get along rino’s are simply not willing to do what it takes to win. Then after they decide to play to win they need to actually follow through with the promises that got them there. Either way things will probably get worse before they get better. Rant done, for now 

Archived