SASS Wire Forum

China Bug finally got me

Buckshot Bear

Was with a mate at the  Sunday SASS match and his wife rang me up on Monday night saying he was crook and tested positive and last night I
came down with it did a rat test and it was instantly positive. I've had five (5) vaxes so the Doc reckons it should be mild because of that, but she still started me on antivirals over a phone consultation.
Had a pretty crook night with fever and chills....hope it's just a couple of days and its gone!

It should be.

Big Red and I have had three or 4 shots, he brought it home from work and we both had it for a day or two. More like a touch of flu or a slight one or two day cold, before we tested negative.

Hang in there. I had the first version and another this spring and the latter one was like a mild cold for a couple of days, no big deal.

I had it in February. Basically like a mild case of the flu. 3-4 days max.

Hope you feel better soon. Ellie and I had a month ago , Doc gave us Paxlovid and the wu flu stayed mild. But the Paxlovid is rough on your butt! :(

I had it this summer. It kicked my @$$. I would have wound up in the hospital were it not for Paxlovid.  Took me 3 months to finally get back to normal.

Paxlovid had a lot of undesirable side effects but they were worth it.

Thanks all, fever seems to have broken last night and feeling like a bad head cold with aches and pains.
I'm dressed and out of bed for the day, I'll see how I go mucking around in my shed but do feel pretty blah and have a lot of rumblings in my guts from I think the antivirals so will stay near a bathroom! 

Covid stays in the nose and throat a few days before it descends into the lungs and wreaks havoc.
I found a German medical study that shows covid can be killed in the nose by steaming.

This is the same 'ol low-tech method Mom used to clear up a head cold or spring allergies.
I use an electric water pot for pour-over coffee.
Leave the top cracked open so it does not auto-shutoff, put a towel over your head and then 50 deep slow breaths.
Repeat as often as you can stand it.  It is highly effective.

We both had covid, and both had the two mandatory vaxxes.
My bride was bed ridden for a week, and I was much less impacted.
When this strain went through our lodge, all the wives caught the worst of it.

I'm prone to lung problems, and steaming kept the bug out of both of our lungs.

The intent being, avoiding a full-on onslaught cytokene storm that destroys the lung tissue, as happened in the 1918 H1N1 epidemic.

15 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Thanks all, fever seems to have broken last night and feeling like a bad head cold with aches and pains.
I'm dressed and out of bed for the day, I'll see how I go mucking around in my shed but do feel pretty blah and have a lot of rumblings in my guts from I think the antivirals so will stay near a bathroom! 

Hang in there mate.

Archived