SASS Wire Forum

Primer factory coming to Arkansas

I have not used Fiocchi primers. I have shot a lot of Fiocchi ammo and have never had a bad round, which would lead me to think their primers must be pretty darn good. 

Also, their ammo isn’t loaded for wimps. It tends to be on the spicy side. 

Looks like my wait for reasonably priced primers will be put off a bit. I just refuse to pay the obscene prices that I am seeing around here, and on-line, and at gun-shows. 

So...until then, I guess I will redirect my reloading funds, and I will buy canned goods, and other kinds of long shelf-life foodstuffs, for the upcoming shortages.

I have paid the steep prices for primers over the past 2 years. I wanted to shoot, so I paid the price(s). It took a lot of searching and fast  acting when primers became available. 

I look forward to a time when reloading components are plentiful again. Be it 2 months from now or 2 years from now. 

I got sticker shock a few years ago now .

The last time I  bought  primers I paid 15.00 per 1k .

The next time I went to buy some primers ,  They was like 35.00 for 1k .

I said hell no I won't pay that .

Then I started to see bids in GB going up too 100 per 1k .

A buddy & I  got a order put in for 50k of  Russian primers .

A bulk buy at 12.00 per 1k .

Then our local Gander Mountain was going out of business. 

And everything in the store was 50% off .

We bought every primer for  pistol , rifle & shotgun , 

In every brand they had.

All the remington #10 caps and every Hornady box of round ball .

Then every pound of certain  powders 

That one store had in stock .

It was a Expensive month .

But between the two of us .

We are set for life at a much lower price then it could have been

If we was not in the right place at the right time .

Rooster 

As long as people are willing too and do pay the price, there will be people and yes dealers and sporting places that will keep the price high. 

Anyone ever ask Midway, Natchez, etc. what their cost is?  Why they are charging 3 or even 4 times now? What are the manufacturers charging?

A local gun place fired an employee who was buying primers consistently as they came in and then putting them up on Gun Broker.

Then there are hoarders who have several years or more of primers yet continue buying and bidding.

Is there really a shortage or is panic buying, paying high prices along with high fees and shipping with limited amount allowed worth it?

Ammo is already hitting the market with sales prices and discounts and many times free shipping.  So less buying of these must be happening. 

The last shortage of primers left a lot of sellers on Gun Broker etc. suddenly reducing their prices and shipping charges because many re-loaders started smarting up and they appeared again and before this panic took over were selling at sale prices. 

Sure there are many new gun owners as been said by many, but most don't re-load and sales on re-loading equipment has not shown a sudden increase in sales as have the sale of firearms.

Just now, Natchez sent an E Mail that small rifle primers are in stock, CCI and its only 164.99 per 1000 with 5 boxes limit. Cold day in H--- when I pay that amount not including charges. Again, wonder what their cost is and how much they make.

Archived