SASS Wire Forum

Shin cracker

Alpo

When I first approached this truck, I thought this was some type of hitch lock. You know like the club - that steel bar steering wheel lock that's covered with plastic so it won't scratch up the steering wheel.

But then as I get even with the back of the truck I see that it is a child's sand shovel, like you would play with at the beach.

And I thought about that for a bit and decided that they had hung that there to draw people's attention to that huge shin buster sticking out from underneath the bumper. If you see that bright red shovel maybe you will see the trailer hitch and not hit it with your leg. Maybe.

884697759_IMG_20221113_1649312023.thumb.jpg.a22db44baf700f8a8ceddc9515cd9e9b.jpg

Just now, DocWard said:

Like, out of spite? 

It's just how I roll. Use a box cutter, cut my finger. Gut a deer, cut my finger. Hammer? Thumb. Trailer hitch?  You get the idea.

Just now, Michigan Slim said:

It's just how I roll. Use a box cutter, cut my finger. Gut a deer, cut my finger. Hammer? Thumb. Trailer hitch?  You get the idea.

Ah... You're one of those types that I want to have around. If something bad is going to happen, it's going to happen to you...

2 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Ah... You're one of those types that I want to have around. If something bad is going to happen, it's going to happen to you...

My kids will tell you that a job aint done right until dads bleedin on it.

Who looks down?

if you did you’d see the hitch.

Just like this morning. If I had looked down I’d have seen the corner of the bed frame and wouldn’t be limping now! :angry:

4 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Multi-talented. :D

11 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Best not be using any guns soon. 

Wish I had the picture of the ultimate shin buster  ,    Son's FIL bought a 2003 Jeep Cherokee to pull his ice fishing house.  Before he was done, he added tracks.   Before he was done he had a custom 20 inch drop hitch to hookup to fish house   GW

Hopefully the tracks would cause you to take a wide enough path around it or major ouch.

On 11/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, Michigan Slim said:

I'd do it anyways.

You're not supposed to imitate my bad examples!

I've shin banged the damned things hard enough to make a 3/4 ton Dodge ring like a bell!

I love em in the parking garage at the hospital. The spaces were lined when cars were small! Now 4 door pick ups with hitches park straight in and the hitch is way out in the travel lane. Every now and then, there will be a car hung up on somebody's hitch. Then watch the trucks try to back out, they're as far back as they can go and the front is still in between 2 cars! 

"Back on arrival"

I usually see these before crashing into them.
I'm always looking down for either nails or money, and usually find both.
I dunno how many flat tires I have prevented over the decades, but it must be a few.

I like the red flag.
Mebbe use that on lumber sticking out the bed window instead of the fluttering bits of red plastic flags.
Or a red scrotum... here in CA, that would get me elected to public office...

14 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I've never understood why people leave the Hitch in the Receiver.  I barked my Shin just once on mine and NEVER left it in the Receiver again.

To put through the bumper of the young lady/man texting behind me. Mine is a multi hitch with a hook. Your bumped wanted to touch me? Fine. I'll take it with me.

The camper hitch comes out as soon as I unhook. That sucker sticks way out and would definitely take you out!

20 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

The camper hitch comes out as soon as I unhook. That sucker sticks way out and would definitely take you out!

That and it cost way too much to chance dome AH stealing it.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:09 PM, John Kloehr said:

Install the hitch only when about to use it.

Remove the hitch from the receiver as soon as done using it.

Simple rules to follow, and I have the scars to prove I forget.

i take it you never had one rusted in place ? ive had two going on three 

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

i take it you never had one rusted in place ? ive had two going on three 

Kroil and chain it to a tree! Go!!!

Archived