SASS Wire Forum

Where have all the Duelists gone?

Texas Jack Black

On 11/14/2022 at 1:58 PM, Dutch Coroner said:

Here's one from the other weekend.  Sequence was 4 targets, triple tap an inside target then sweep all four from either end then triple tap the other inside target.  15.93 and clean.

That’s how it’s done! 

No video but I have only used one hand from the time I started shooting SASS.  At first it was left gun left hand right gun right hand.  Today it is right hand only as it hurts the left to much.  Full house .44 mags in your youth is not your hands friend in old age.

There are those who walk among us that have been assimilated into the Borg Collective. The names Dutch Coroner and Randy St. Eagle come to mind. Due to this fact their stage performance and times are not to be used as a comparison to those of us who are still of this world. I have been on a posse with both of them and observed this first hand. This can be the only reasonable explanation. 

40 minutes ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Here's Ole TW showing us how to do a pistol reload on the clock.  At the end of video you hear someone ask if we saw the P...there was no P.  Clean no misses.

Lucky, you're a darned good videographer. I think you've done about half of them on my channel. Thanks for that

Here's a couple more from a Monthly Match at Wartrace. I had a Senior moment on this first one and tried to go back to the rifle again!

Missed the first bird on this one and had to go to the makeup target.

On 11/18/2022 at 3:49 PM, El Muerto Negro said:

From Nationals this year.

EMN

For some reason I can’t play them?

I can now!!

Thanks 

Randy 

Here  are 3 from yesterday.           

Grafton's 10-9-4 stage

The Gallows

Open Range

Thanks to Lucky Lead Pepper for taking the videos!

Randy

21 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Here  are 3 from yesterday.           

Grafton's 10-9-4 stage

The Gallows

Open Range

Thanks to Lucky Lead Pepper for taking the videos!

Randy

Those look like some mighty fine written stages you burned down!

Here's some of mine from Wartrace on Saturday.  My thumb slipped off the hammer on both pistols on one stage causing me to go around the world twice!  that cost me a lot of time!

On 11/16/2022 at 6:38 PM, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Here's Ole TW showing us how to do a pistol reload on the clock.  At the end of video you hear someone ask if we saw the P...there was no P.  Clean no misses.

Hey! That looked like one of my favorite TO's.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:01 AM, Shooting Bull said:

One of out 12 stages I'm not too embarrassed to point. 

Eldorado 2122 Stage 12

I really enjoy watching your transitions. 

Someday I'll get it right.

Thanks to Maddog Mark and Molasses Moose for trying to make me look respectable.  

12 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Me too.  I watch guys like Randy Saint Eagle and Tennessee Williams feel the exact same way. 

Indeed, but I'm forbidden from eating nanner splitz, so I have my limitations.

47 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Indeed, but I'm forbidden from eating nanner splitz, so I have my limitations.

:o It just dawned on me, maybe we SHOULD be eating nanner splitz. I wonder if that's some sort of secret potion they use. Like a performance enhancing drug for SASS. :o

17 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

:o It just dawned on me, maybe we SHOULD be eating nanner splitz. I wonder if that's some sort of secret potion they use. Like a performance enhancing drug for SASS. :o

Amigo, I'm gonna let you try that theory out. I've been assured that if I have another heart attack this year, my wife is gonna kill me. :lol:

15 hours ago, Hendo said:

Amigo, I'm gonna let you try that theory out. I've been assured that if I have another heart attack this year, my wife is gonna kill me. :lol:

I'm there for you my friend.  It'll be a heck of a chore but one I'm willing to do for a good pard. :D

17 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

It’s Tennessee Williams secret weapon, for really big matches he’ll eat nanner pudding and nanner splits!  B)

Randy

PSA:  Anyone who shoots the California 2023 SASS State Championship in a one-handed category (Duelist and all iterations and Classic Cowboy) will be eligible to compete in our first ever Top Duelist Shoot-Off for a buckle (Men's and Women's buckles).  The shoot-off and buckles are being sponsored by Aimless Lee and Sgt. Major O'Donnell because duelists almost never get to make it to the Top 16 Shoot-offs.  :)   More information at www.cajoncowboys.com 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cpt Dan Blodgett, SASS #75655 said:

Gone with shoulders everyone

Seriously cannot hold up pistols for more than about 1 stage single handled anymore. One shoulder Fubar the other fixed years ago but still cannot hold pistol any length of time one handed

Hold them shooters up with two hands and blaze away. Sometimes it doesn't matter how you shoot, just that you shoot and have a dang good time doing it.

53 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Hold them shooters up with two hands and blaze away. Sometimes it doesn't matter how you shoot, just that you shoot and have a dang good time doing it.

THIS X 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Archived