SASS Wire Forum

Where have all the Duelists gone?

Texas Jack Black

Video after video of two handed shooting year after year .How about some videos of our Duelists shooting ,giving tips on how to transition etc?

Best Wishes

TN Williams (Wartrace Regulators) lives in Murfreesboro, TN and make a lot of videos, along with Randy St. Eagle.

Both are previous World Champions with their respective categories.

Hopefully, they will chime in.

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

As long as my old beat up hands allow it I will continue to shoot Duelist.  I may be faster with two hands but one handed shooting is just more fun.

That's my sentiment exactly. I look at it as another skill, a proficiency gained. In addition I have switched to shooting my rifle and shotgun lefty, due to a pretty nasty cataract in my right eye. Surgery delays in Canada are pretty atrocious, up to 18 month waits for cataracts. My luck my surgery will be in the middle of cowboy season. 

Shooting duelist is a bit slower, but when I strap on the 1911, it speeds up considerably. Not unusual for me to shoot clean a couple of times a year. 

It was a bit annoying having to change hammers to make thumbing the hammer more natural. There is a lot to learn, finally getting to the part where my off hand is in my back pocket and not waving around like a drunk walking a tightrope. 

BB 

Well, here's one of me shooting Duelist style.

The "Big Gun" in question is a converted Walker.  Other pistol is a reproduction SAA set to GI specs.   Rifle is an Armi San Marco 92.

Here's another one.

Amazingly, neither stage has me using my Lightning.    Pistols are a 1st and 3rd gen SAA and the 73 with 'em are all in .32-20.

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

One shot rifle drill

You can open this link in you tube and click on my channel to see some more videos.

I thank You

TJB

7 minutes ago, Texas Jack Black said:

Does anyone have a list of the last 10 years of Duelist EOT winners?

I thank you

yes.  Starting in 2011:

Risin' Outlaw

Potshot Parker

Shaddai Vaquero Pecos Nick Pecos Nick Pecos Nick Pecos Nick El Muerto Negro Hairtrigger Hayes   El Muerto Negro Tennessee Williams

Duelist is alive and well with Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl. Yeeee Haaaa!! 

My 2nd match after almost 3 years because of surgeries

Also after almost 3 years because of su  

rgeries:

I shoot Duelist, but I believe YouTube has some sort of time limits on the length of their videos, so I can't post one of my stages.

We had a classic Cowboy shootout at one of our monthly 's not long ago.  13 of the 16 shooters shot one handed. 9 of the 13 were classic Cowboys/cowgirl. All 13 shot with smoke!!! Very fun match! 

Competed as a Duelist for about 20 years and had to always place no better than 2nd in category due to World Champs like Potshot Parker and risin outlaw. Changed to two-handed and now I get faster stage times... yes Potshot still beats me. Dangit!

Duelist has been diluted by Classic, FCD, Gunfighter and FCG.  I haven't shot just Duelist since FCD became a category.  I was one of the top Duelists, back before the turn of the century, then went Gunfighter, back to Duelist, then FCD, then Classic, back to FCD and finally FCG.  Thinking about going back to FCD again.

.:D

22 hours ago, Dutch Coroner said:

Here's one from the other weekend.  Sequence was 4 targets, triple tap an inside target then sweep all four from either end then triple tap the other inside target.  15.93 and clean.

I sure wish we could see more videos of you, DC!

the only video of me shooting:

https://www.facebook.com/james.a.webb.5/videos/10157446222837276/?idorvanity=1955552141390281

12" remington and a 47 walker, my back up rifle and back up shotgun. with the virginia city marshals at the nra headquarters

On 11/14/2022 at 1:58 PM, Dutch Coroner said:

Here's one from the other weekend.  Sequence was 4 targets, triple tap an inside target then sweep all four from either end then triple tap the other inside target.  15.93 and clean.

Dang Dutch!  Well done!

Archived