SASS Wire Forum

Gallagher RIP

Rye Miles #13621

Quite a few yeas ago I had the opportunity to be on stage with him. Several buddies of mine and their wives had tickets for the third row front center. Needless to say at a Gallagher concert, that is the danger zone. All of the guys had and wore out of style and out of date tuxedos. (That's another story) All of the wives were covered head to toe in plastic but we were prepared to take it like men. During his routine he made mention of our group several times. For some reason he singled me out and called me up on stage to be with him. I'm not sure why he singled me out, I mean, I was only wearing a burgundy plaid tuxedo and a rubber gas mask topped off with a horned Viking helmet. Well, I got up on stage and he cracked jokes about us but it was Sledge-O-Matic time. Gallagher wasn't that tall and his props were made for him meaning when he handed me the Sledge-O-Matic and I started smashing items with him, the angle of the hammer against his table sprayed everything back on me. Yes, a lot went out into the crowd but I got a lions share of the splat. Yes, I got to smash the watermelon for the finale. Needless to say when we were done I looked and smelled like I just crawled out of the dumpster. Someone else had to drive my car home and they put me on a sheet of plastic in the back of my buddy's Tahoe for the ride home. I took the tux in a trash bag to a dry cleaner the next day. The lady at the counter asked me what was on it to be cleaned. I asked her if she knew who Gallagher was. She said yes and I told her that I was on stage with him last night. The look on her face fell and she just responded , "OH". Much to her relief, I told her she didn't have to get the stains out, just get the crud off as best as they could. I have pictures but have no idea where they are so maybe I'll post them later. It definitely was a night to remember.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Quite a few yeas ago I had the opportunity to be on stage with him. Several buddies of mine and their wives had tickets for the third row front center. Needless to say at a Gallagher concert, that is the danger zone. All of the guys had and wore out of style and out of date tuxedos. (That's another story) All of the wives were covered head to toe in plastic but we were prepared to take it like men. During his routine he made mention of our group several times. For some reason he singled me out and called me up on stage to be with him. I'm not sure why he singled me out, I mean, I was only wearing a burgundy plaid tuxedo and a rubber gas mask topped off with a horned Viking helmet. Well, I got up on stage and he cracked jokes about us but it was Sledge-O-Matic time. Gallagher wasn't that tall and his props were made for him meaning when he handed me the Sledge-O-Matic and I started smashing items with him, the angle of the hammer against his table sprayed everything back on me. Yes, a lot went out into the crowd but I got a lions share of the splat. Yes, I got to smash the watermelon for the finale. Needless to say when we were done I looked and smelled like I just crawled out of the dumpster. Someone else had to drive my car home and they put me on a sheet of plastic in the back of my buddy's Tahoe for the ride home. I took the tux in a trash bag to a dry cleaner the next day. The lady at the counter asked me what was on it to be cleaned. I asked her if she knew who Gallagher was. She said yes and I told her that I was on stage with him last night. The look on her face fell and she just responded , "OH". Much to her relief, I told her she didn't have to get the stains out, just get the crud off as best as they could. I have pictures but have no idea where they are so maybe I'll post them later. It definitely was a night to remember.

What a great story and great memory! 

Ol’ Galagher had a better handle on the economy and the political landscape than any president since Reagan!

”I can’t be president!! I smoke dope!” he said!

Probably would have made a better top kick than any we’ve had recently!!

Archived