SASS Wire Forum

For those in Oregon. Did measure 114 pass?

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

Already, there is at least one county sheriff who has announced that she will NOT be enforcing the magazine ban and will not commit resources to that enforcement!!

It’s really a shame in a bureaucracy when paperwork, real or virtual, gets misplaced, misfiled or is directed to the wrong office. 
Also, Oregon is full of “defund the police” types. Probably the same ones that voted for this law. If I were a Sheriff or Police Chief that believed in the Constitution I would give it the same due diligence that it deserves bearing in mind the political climate that I operate in. 

5 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

16 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s really a shame in a bureaucracy when paperwork, real or virtual, gets misplaced, misfiled or is directed to the wrong office. 
Also, Oregon is full of “defund the police” types. Probably the same ones that voted for this law. If I were a Sheriff or Police Chief that believed in the Constitution I would give it the same due diligence that it deserves bearing in mind the political climate that I operate in. 

Primarily in the major metro zones.

Open the link above and click on the "MAP"s for those two main issues.
The parallels between the gubernatorial votes (so far) and the votes on the BM are quite similar.

Creative public servants have ways of streamlining useless paperwork and working around needless bureaucratic roadblocks to the benefit of the public they serve.

GOOD public servants will put those skills to work!!

BM114 is flawed:

• The estimated 300 officers, $200M in facilities construction, and $40M annually required to complete the process is NOT resourced.
  • The permit requirements are not defined,
  • A 30day background check completion limit (given current 6-week backlog) means virtually all permits will be denied.
  • The new permit registration database is NOT protected from public disclosure (personal and private data will be published).
  • The permit process will disproportionally impact marginalized populations (women, race, income, orientation…) and prevent them from exercising their 2nd amendment rights and providing for their self-defense. 
  • BM114 blocks efforts to reduce suicide by firearms in our communities.
  • BM114 criminalizes not only 10+ round magazines, but common shotguns used for hunting, recreation, and high school sports programs.

SOURCE

Archived