SASS Wire Forum

diablo red alert....

Chili Ron

Howdy,

I stopped by Arby and spur of the moment ordered loaded fries.

It smelled strong driving home.

I ate three loaded fries and that was it.

I took em backit the kitchen and washed off the fire hot sauce.

I have no idea how anyone could eat diablo fries and sandwich.

Or just fries.

I put em on my Pizzazz and reheated the fries and dried em out.

Dipping in ranch sauce heped too.

Approach with caution.....diablo.....

Best

CR

Your taste buds may vary.....

I ordered the sandwich last week while I was in town, expecting a spicy, hot, and hopefully flavorful treat.  It didn’t even need a chaser of beverage!!  The flavor was okay, but aside from a weak little bit of warm, it was disappointing! I’m asking, “Where’s the heat?!?” and Schoolmarm dipped her finger in the sauce.

Her reaction was similar to yours, CR.  I’m not one of those guys that just eats stuff to prove how hot I can stand it, but this was just almost bland to me.

Sorry, but these restaurants and their stupid “fiery, atomic, diablo, burn yer mama’s face off” spicy bull sh** is getting old. I went to burger king a while back and the dipshticks somehow hot some of their heat crap on my sandwich. Same thing happened at another local place. Then there’s the free sample some *** clown put in with my chicken wings. :angry:
Not everyone needs hornet stinging hot sh** in their mouth to feel alive. At least i dure as hell don’t. 

Edit:

Wendy’s! Those were the other dumbasses that put hot spicy crap in my burger. I wanted to slap someone silly. 

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Sorry, but these restaurants and their stupid “fiery, atomic, diablo, burn yer mama’s face off” spicy bull sh** is getting old. I went to burger king a while back and the dipshticks somehow hot some of their heat crap on my sandwich. Same thing happened at another local place. Then there’s the free sample some *** clown put in with my chicken wings. :angry:
Not everyone needs hornet stinging hot sh** in their mouth to feel alive. At least i dure as hell don’t. 

Edit:

Wendy’s! Those were the other dumbasses that put hot spicy crap in my burger. I wanted to slap someone silly. 

I can’t do hot stuff I get instant heartburn! :o

I LIKE something hot and spicy now and then.  That is, if it has good flavor to go with the spice!!

There’s a local restaurant that has what they call a Nashville Hot sauce that is very spicy/hot and it’s FABULOUS on their fried catfish filets.  I go there for that every couple of weeks.  The better BBQ chain here in the area has a hot barbecue sauce that’s great on pulled pork sandwiches and outstanding on chicken.

Once every year or so, I go to Prince’s Chicken for a batch of the original Nashville Hot Chicken, the hottest they make, ‘cause there ain’t anything else that has that flavor!!

Finally, I make my chili and my jerky relatively spicy/hot.  I’ve won awards for both and I figure there are ways that folks can cool it off if they want it, or they can pass on it if they can’t take the heat.

If you tell me it’s hot, don’t disappoint me, but don’t give me hot that has no flavor!!

There’s lots of foods that I don’t want any hot spices on, but I expect proper seasoning/spice on those foods as well.

Remember! Spicy doesn’t mean hot and hot without flavor is just plain stupid!!

It's simple.  If you don't like it, why did you buy it.     Leave them for me.      GW

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I LIKE something hot and spicy now and then.  That is, if it has good flavor to go with the spice!!

There’s a local restaurant that has what they call a Nashville Hot sauce that is very spicy/hot and it’s FABULOUS on their fried catfish filets.  I go there for that every couple of weeks.  The better BBQ chain here in the area has a hot barbecue sauce that’s great on pulled pork sandwiches and outstanding on chicken.

Once every year or so, I go to Prince’s Chicken for a batch of the original Nashville Hot Chicken, the hottest they make, ‘cause there ain’t anything else that has that flavor!!

Finally, I make my chili and my jerky relatively spicy/hot.  I’ve won awards for both and I figure there are ways that folks can cool it off if they want it, or they can pass on it if they can’t take the heat.

If you tell me it’s hot, don’t disappoint me, but don’t give me hot that has no flavor!!

There’s lots of foods that I don’t want any hot spices on, but I expect proper seasoning/spice on those foods as well.

I am into hot; however, the problem with very hot & tasty is there always is a delay in sensation of hot.  During the delay you get the tasty.  When the delay is over you can't taste the flavor.

Thanks for the heads-up, Chili Ron. Don't eat much fast food any more, but I'll pass it along to my pards who do. We've lost three fast food places in our town (how is that even possible?), but Arby's is still here.

Makes me think of my aunt from Thailand. She made me a genuine Thai meal one time, and I guess she forgot that the inside of my mouth wasn't made of boiled leather. Gor, but my eyeballs were sweating! :wacko: But to be fair, it had incredible flavor to go with the heat, and a piece of lime hard candy took most of the serious burn away. 

I love some tasty, spicy hot food.

But the key is tasty.

When the Scoville scale on the dish is so high it overcomes the taste it is not enjoyable.

I like to be in control of it. A bottle of Franks, or Tabasco, or other brands by the side, where I can decide how much to put on.

Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on a lot of circumstances with the food. But other peoples' ideas as to how hot I should have it often doesn't work out.

15 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I have had some  really tasty and spicy Nashville Hot Chicken. But never in Nashville. Gotta go there some time. 
There was a takeout place in Inglewood CA that made some excellent Nashville Hot Chicken. The owners were a husband and wife from Nashville. Their chicken was spicy hot, but soooooo goooood you just couldn’t put it down. I do not recall the name of their little business. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have had some  really tasty and spicy Nashville Hot Chicken. But never in Nashville. Gotta go there some time. 
There was a takeout place in Inglewood CA that made some excellent Nashville Hot Chicken. The owners were a husband and wife from Nashville. Their chicken was spicy hot, but soooooo goooood you just couldn’t put it down. I do not recall the name of their little business. 

Done right, Nashville Hot Chicken is REALLY tasty!! The original was made as a joke. It was supposed to be revenge for a slight that I don’t recall the details , but the intended victim absolutely loved it.  The original place has been torn down, but the folks who started it are still in business and going strong nearly forty years later!

I first had Prince’s Hot Chicken back in the late ‘80s when I worked a few blocks away from that original store.  One of my co-workers suggested it for lunch.  He thought he was playing a joke on me and my brother who also worked with us. You could SMELL the hot/spice when he walked through the door with the bags in his hands!!

We sat there and ate all that screaming hot chicken, sweating and noses running, and didn’t even take a drink. My mom grows some of the hottest peppers you can find and, as I’ve said a time or two, I make really flaming hot chili for friends and the occasional chili cook off.

It was delicious chicken and we refused to give Doc, the guy who suggested it, the satisfaction of getting over on us.  I later ate two bananas and drank a quart of milk to stop the burn!!  It was hot by any standard and when we have it now, I always eat the bread and the potato salad or coleslaw along with it and lots of iced tea.  Once you get acclimated to the burn, the flavor comes back and it usually stays with you .

If you make it to Nashville, you should find Prince’s Nashville Hot Chicken and try the original.  There are other places here that make great NHC, but Prince’s is the original!!

Howdy,

I said spur of the moment.

And I remember once getting pizza with some sort of hot option.

We enjoyed it a lot and I was told to eat the last piece so we could 

head home.  The very last bite of the very last piece was painfully hot.

Some sort of quirk I guess.

Maybe I got a heavy bit in the first bite???????

I have had chili all my life and sometimes it is made crazy hot.

Thats not for me.

Best

CR

CR!!  That’s why we have so many different kinds of foods.  Makes ALMOST everyone happy!!  ‘Ceptin’ maybe the vegans!!  :rolleyes: :lol:

I broiled some hot Italian sausage last night. Julienned some green and some red bell pepper and some red and yellow onion and sautéed them in butter and a little bacon grease with garlic and Worstershire.

When the sausages came out of the broiler, I dumped the peppers and onions into the cast iron skillet and then served it with some yellow mustard over whole grain toast!

The sausage and the onions were very hot and the flavor was stupendous!!

I had plenty left over and I will serve it tonight with marinara and noodles!

17 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

I first thought this was a warning about me.

NAH!!  It ain’t about cool…

Archived