SASS Wire Forum

ABC "News"

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

I don't hold out a lot of hope on these really close, late-ballot counting contests.

Although the R candidates have won some of those in the past, it's been a while; the opposing party has since developed tactics that make repeats pretty unlikely.  I've seen it happen numerous times in california, but the classic was the Washington State governor's race in 2004 - Dino Rossi (R) vs Christine Gregoire (D).

Dino won, the opposing party demanded a recount, although it was automatic.  Dino won the recount; the opposing party demanded yet another (automatic) recount.  This time Gregoire won by a whopping 129 votes.  A number of improprieties where noted (missing boxes of ballots from predominately "R" districts, military absentee ballots sent to active duty personnel well after the deadline to do so, resulting in them being returned and rejected, and finally, more votes counted in King County than there were registered voters.

A [D-appointed] judge's gavel fell; there would be no further re-counts, and the "R" request for a re-vote was denied.

But I shall nevertheless rub my lucky golden horseshoe and wish for the best!  ^_^

image.jpeg.c7dac7fbc6f4449c44c948f84b5cfde9.jpeg

Archived