SASS Wire Forum

ABC "News"

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Trying to see some election results and this network is so unorganized it doesn't tell me much, and if you add in 6 1/2 out of every 10 minutes being wasted on really stupid ads it's not worth the electricity to even keep it turned on.

Guess I'll wait until Thursday or Friday until the crap cloud  has blown away to see what happened.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Trying to see some election results and this network is so unorganized it doesn't tell me much, and if you add in 6 1/2 out of every 10 minutes being wasted on really stupid ads it's not worth the electricity to even keep it turned on.

Guess I'll wait until Thursday or Friday until the crap cloud  has blown away to see what happened.

Sometimes in california it takes longer than two or three days to invent  find all those boxes of hitherto uncounted ballots necessary to give the win to the candidates of the popular party.  :mellow:

9 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Sometimes in california it takes longer than two or three days to invent  find all those boxes of hitherto uncounted ballots necessary to give the win to the candidates of the popular party.  :mellow:

Hardpan, California all ready called it last night minutes after the polls closed

11 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Forty you can Google the results, that's what I did last night, that way you don't have to listen to all the bs

11 minutes ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

Hardpan, California all ready called it last night minutes after the polls closed

A pretty safe bet.  About like calling that an egg dropped from 20 feet onto a concrete slab will break.

Last night, I was googling back and forth, trying to find some understandable results, worrying about outcomes.  Then, about 11:00 PST, I stopped to ask myself why I was so worried.  I realized how little will change, regardless of who wins most of the races.  Not much will change. 

> Jan 6 Committee MIGHT go away.  >

Hunter MIGHT get investigated (but DOJ under Biden would never prosecute). 

> The education system won't get fixed.

> DOJ, FBI and NSA will keep spying on us.

> Illegal border crossings won't be stopped.

The realities kept coming to me, so I went to bed. 

This morning, after giving up all hope, I feel much better.  I relaxed and returned to my daily routine. 

Nothing in the U.S. ever gets fixed quickly or completely. 

34 minutes ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

Forty you can Google the results, that's what I did last night, that way you don't have to listen to all the bs

You're right, I don't have to listen to all the BS, but I still can't get a comprehensive list of who won anything.  

I've worked with computers since 1966.  That's 79 years, nearly 80, and I still don't understand them, don' much like them, and certainly don't trust them, but I KNOW we have the technology to make a simple spread sheet by federal, state. county, and local districts showing who won what.

I don't need nor want a bunch of fancy graphics, a pallet of colors, or animation.  I don't need nor want moving pictures, music or other sound effects, and honest to John Wayne, I don't want some semi-educated, political hack or "correspondent" or any other kind of opinionated fool explaining any thing to me and putting their opinions into the narrative.

To quote Joe Friday " just the facts, "Ma'am,  I just need the Facts."

39 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

You're right, I don't have to listen to all the BS, but I still can't get a comprehensive list of who won anything.  

I've worked with computers since 1966.  That's 79 years, nearly 80, and I still don't understand them, don' much like them, and certainly don't trust them, but I KNOW we have the technology to make a simple spread sheet by federal, state. county, and local districts showing who won what.

I don't need nor want a bunch of fancy graphics, a pallet of colors, or animation.  I don't need nor want moving pictures, music or other sound effects, and honest to John Wayne, I don't want some semi-educated, political hack or "correspondent" or any other kind of opinionated fool explaining any thing to me and putting their opinions into the narrative.

THANK YOU !

You TOTALLY nailed it. 

Life overall these days is full of computer frills that nobody ever needed (or wanted).   They waste our time, cost us money and give us way more frustration than they are worth.  Please take me back to BASIC, FORTRAN, DBASE, etc. 

Last night I watched 2 channels for about 45 minutes. What I was seeing was news agencies calling winners when the vote count was 40% down to 0% counted. A bit biased. Liberal news calling democrat wins on no votes countered.

I would like to see complete news black out starting the day before the election to about 5 days after the polls close. I would also like to see voting go to you must show up in person on the designated day and time. No early voting and no mail in. Show your id to prove citizen and vote. Make the day a national vote day and everyone votes on that day or they don't vote at all. People will complain they can't do that. Bull. They plan other one day personal things. Some countries require you to vote or face a big fine. Make it mandatory.

I also think any voting precinct that has illegal votes such as none citizen, or multiple votes by one person, the whole precint gets tossed out and audited with jail time for law breakers. OR their right to vote revoked for 10 year or for ever. Those running the precinct also face jail time for not checking the system as it happens. 

I'm stopping here before I get in trouble.

When I got home from counting. Our "first gay woman" being sent to the House was all over every channel with her acceptance speech. Only 16% of the votes were in. Tends to make me real sceptical. I only counted 140 ballots, but they seemed to lean Republican. The more or less finals this morning showed the Dems way ahead. 

10 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I'd love to be able to sit down with some voters in Pennsylvania, and Arizona, and ask them why they voted like they did. 

It's difficult to understand.

Abortion. Unfortunately the Supreme Court kicked up a hornet's nest, and I think that's what hurt the GOP.

Not stating my views on the issue, but it's one that gets people fired up even more so than gun control.

Just give me a list, just one list...agree entirely with 40T.

Just as a passing swipe, Charlie Crist got his butt kicked in Florida. I hope this is the end of that snake rearing his ugly head.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I hear you Forty the site I am on ( I think it is assocated press) is just showing the results it does have a drop down menu for individual states. 

13 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Governor race the DEM is less the 1 point ahead of the Rep.

Sorry forgot their nams

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I'd love to be able to sit down with some voters in Pennsylvania, and Arizona, and ask them why they voted like they did. 

I'm wondering if Uncle Fester will wear a necktie on his first day on the job... or if he'll show up in shorts, sandals, and a rumpled, hooded sweatshirt.  :wacko:

Uncle Fester From THE ADDAMS FAMILY Gets a Life-Size Lamp with a Lightbulb  in His Mouth — GeekTyrant

25 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I'm wondering if Uncle Fester will wear a necktie on his first day on the job... or if he'll show up in shorts, sandals, and a rumpled, hooded sweatshirt.  :wacko:

Uncle Fester From THE ADDAMS FAMILY Gets a Life-Size Lamp with a Lightbulb  in His Mouth — GeekTyrant

I have family in Pennsylvania and I bet they voted for him because they can’t break out of their democrat shackles! They’re beyond stupid! 

I'm wondering if he won with the "sympathy" vote; folks feeling sorry for 'im because he had a stroke a few months ago (see his debate with Oz).

I wonder if they'd use that same logic to approve of a surgeon... or airline pilot... for themselves or other loved ones.  :mellow:

Seriously, I hold little hope for America returning to some semblance of the country that I knew growing up. A large portion are mentally and morally bankrupt. I can live in my bubble down here in Texas, and none of the nonsense effects me very much, but I am sad at what our country has become.

1000_F_136963595_JORkMhHm3aXe1keInLaAgNAziZgOCPDL.jpg

4 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

They elected a deceased State Rep.  What does that tell you?

Average IQ = _____. ( fill in the blank)

5 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Nothing in the U.S. ever gets fixed quickly or completely. 

Illegal immigration has been a problem since I was a small child. And I’m guessing before that, I just wasn’t alive to witness it. If they actually fixed things people would realize it shouldn’t be a full time job . Solving the problem doesn’t divide people or get votes. Abortion is a perfect example, the democrats have had total control the last 2 years. Just pass a law making it the law of the land . It’s done, but that wouldn’t have got them any votes yesterday, today tomorrow and next week. The republicans have done the same when they were in power. 

I don't know if they do this in other states, but here in Florida we vote on constitutional amendments. Amendments to the state Constitution. They are some of the stupidest things. We have a constitutional amendment that says commercial fishermen cannot catch redfish. Only sports fishermen can do that. We have a constitutional amendment that says you cannot put a pregnant pig or a mother pig with piglets in a cage. People with cage the sow and the piglets to keep the boar from eating the piglets, but Peta got upset and now we have a constitutional amendment forcing the pig farmers to come up with a different way to keep the baby pigs from being eaten by their fathers. Stupid.

We had an amendment on this ballot to give an additional $50,000 homestead exemption on a property taxes to "our hometown heroes". Our hometown heroes - that's cops, fireman, emts, military, and school teachers. Give them an additional $50,000 off the value that they have to pay tax on.

Now if my county requires 3 million worth of property taxes to run the county, and because of our homestead heroes getting this exemption there's only two million five hundred thousand brought in, they're going to raise everybody else's taxes to get that missing $500,000 back. This would not just lower the taxes of "our hometown heroes", but it would raise everyone else's taxes.

So as I voted "not just no but hell no" on that one, I thought that it did not have one single solitary chance of passing. Who would vote to raise their own taxes while lowering other peoples? Stupid.

58% said yeah let's pass it. Fortunately it would take 60% to pass, so it failed. But 58% of the voters thought that was a good idea.

I had no idea there were so many morons in the state of Florida.

There are a few ISSUES (capitalized for importance) in our country that will never reach finalized resolution........ie... abortion rights, equal rights, free speech rights, gun rights, etc..... They weren't meant to be finalized, or politicians would not have work. And times change, due to various factors. Just sit back and watch the show.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

I don't know if they do this in other states, but here in Florida we vote on constitutional amendments. Amendments to the state Constitution. They are some of the stupidest things. We have a constitutional amendment that says commercial fishermen cannot catch redfish. Only sports fishermen can do that. We have a constitutional amendment that says you cannot put a pregnant pig or a mother pig with piglets in a cage. People with cage the sow and the piglets to keep the boar from eating the piglets, but Peta got upset and now we have a constitutional amendment forcing the pig farmers to come up with a different way to keep the baby pigs from being eaten by their fathers. Stupid.

We had an amendment on this ballot to give an additional $50,000 homestead exemption on a property taxes to "our hometown heroes". Our hometown heroes - that's cops, fireman, emts, military, and school teachers. Give them an additional $50,000 off the value that they have to pay tax on.

Now if my county requires 3 million worth of property taxes to run the county, and because of our homestead heroes getting this exemption there's only two million five hundred thousand brought in, they're going to raise everybody else's taxes to get that missing $500,000 back. This would not just lower the taxes of "our hometown heroes", but it would raise everyone else's taxes.

So as I voted "not just no but hell no" on that one, I thought that it did not have one single solitary chance of passing. Who would vote to raise their own taxes while lowering other peoples? Stupid.

58% said yeah let's pass it. Fortunately it would take 60% to pass, so it failed. But 58% of the voters thought that was a good idea.

I had no idea there were so many morons in the state of Florida.

Constitutional amendments are a way to back door legislation that would never make it through the legislature. Florida is one of the worst states for doing that. Special interest groups use it all the time. :angry:

I was watching the results as the polls closed, what got my attention was the Illinois Governor race. With only 10% of the Votes counted, it was already called. What? Of course he won, but to call a race with only 10%?  Makes me wonder if they had pallets of votes in case needed to be added to make it happen. 

Illinois, California, New York, Washington, and Michigan are hopelessly lost forever and some are slipping. Makes me wonder what Voters really want and how intelligent they are looking toward future and what they want for their kids.

21 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That would be like expecting my wife to answer my “Yes” or “No” question without a 10 minute reply that still didn’t answer my question.

I remember my dad saying to me one year there was an election and we were talking about candidates and what they said they would do but never how.  He then said how parties had changed and that if JFK was running today and with his speeches and visions, he would not be picked by the party nor the Liberal voters to run as President.

21 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I have family in Pennsylvania and I bet they voted for him because they can’t break out of their democrat shackles! They’re beyond stupid! 

Same here. My relatives would vote for a fence post as long as it had a tag marked (D) on it.

20 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Constitutional amendments are a way to back door legislation that would never make it through the legislature. Florida is one of the worst states for doing that. Special interest groups use it all the time. :angry:

Wa state does something very similar. When stupid laws cannot pass the legislature they put them on the ballot. Then they pass because 80% of the population is concentrated in the counties west of the Sierra's. :angry:

Here is a synopsis of why Nevada and Arizona are taking so long.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/balance-of-power-whats-next-uncalled-senate-races-arizona-nevada-alaska-georgia

Might be frustrating but accuracy is more important than quick results.

On 11/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, The Shoer 27979 said:

I hear you Forty the site I am on ( I think it is assocated press) is just showing the results it does have a drop down menu for individual states. 

Honestly, going straight to AP and Reuters gives you the most direct info newswise in most situations. Those are the facts that all of the outlets THEN weigh in on needlessly.

2 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Wa state does something very similar. When stupid laws cannot pass the legislature they put them on the ballot. Then they pass because 80% of the population is concentrated in the counties west of the Sierra's. :angry:

They pass because 80% of the voters either don't read what they are voting on or don't understand what they are voting on due to clever use of legal wording in the amendment designed to confuse the voter into thinking that they are voting for (or against) the amendment but they are actually voting the other way around.

Many many years ago my father asked me how I voted on one of the constitutional amendments. I told him that I had no idea what it was about, so I skipped it. Left it blank.

He said I should not do that. He said that unless I was absolutely positive that I wanted what it was that amendment was supposed to be doing - vote no. If I was not sure that I wanted to vote Yes, vote no. He said the state had been running along fine without it - whatever it was - and will probably continue to run along well without it.

A few years ago there was a local bond issue on the ballot. It would have raised property taxes significantly so property owners were mostly against it. A friend I know has about 20 rental houses. He sent each one a letter detailing what their rent increase for the coming year would be, It had two values. One if the bond failed and one if the bond passed. He got a few calls demanding to know why their rent would go up if the bond passed.

He thought it was more than a little funny how naive some people were about how rent and property taxes worked. A few even got irate that he was going to pass along the property tax increase. 

Archived