SASS Wire Forum

Record turnout of Voters in Chicago

Very funny stuff, especially the tombstones.  But, I grew up in the Chicago area, and I had an auto repair shop in Alderman Lipinski's district.  He had some donated dump trucks and a tree chipper that I allowed him to keep in my fenced in back lot, and also maintained them for him.  Chicago city employees who lived in his district would "volunteer" to go out one Saturday a month and cut down dead trees for Democrat voters in his district.   Around election time I would ask them if they were going to go out and knock on doors and hand out voting pamphlets.  Of course they had to, to keep their jobs with the city.  BUT. every time there was one city worker who would tell me  "No, this year it's my turn to go to the cemeteries and write down names on tombstones."  And the other guys would say " he ain't kidding."  This was in the 70's when Richard J. Daley was the mayor.  Guarantee you nothing has changed. 

So help me God this is the absolute truth.  Will never forget this time in my life.

1 hour ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Very funny stuff, especially the tombstones.  But, I grew up in the Chicago area, and I had an auto repair shop in Alderman Lipinski's district.  He had some donated dump trucks and a tree chipper that I allowed him to keep in my fenced in back lot, and also maintained them for him.  Chicago city employees who lived in his district would "volunteer" to go out one Saturday a month and cut down dead trees for Democrat voters in his district.   Around election time I would ask them if they were going to go out and knock on doors and hand out voting pamphlets.  Of course they had to, to keep their jobs with the city.  BUT. every time there was one city worker who would tell me  "No, this year it's my turn to go to the cemeteries and write down names on tombstones."  And the other guys would say " he ain't kidding."  This was in the 70's when Richard J. Daley was the mayor.  Guarantee you nothing has changed. 

So help me God this is the absolute truth.  Will never forget this time in my life.

I believe it. Chicago is one weird place. Got to spend some quality time there thanks to Uncle Sam and the US Navy. 

Archived