SASS Wire Forum

Another Storm?

Sheesh!  Who did we in Florida piss off?  We are off to the races again this week with another hurricane!  Man, we haven't really got our breath back from Ian and are about to get hit by another monster!  WE ARE NOT NEW ORLEANS!!!

For my part if I ever offended anybody in the land of many vapors I am truly sorry!

I think I'm moving to Iceland or Outer Slovobia or somewhere!

Hey Utah Bob, you got a spare room?  It's just me and my Cocker Spaniel, and I'll bring gallons of cafecito!

Been through far too many livin in La Florida for 50 years. First one I recall was Donna. You could feel the walls of our cbs house vibrate. Then as a cop I had to work a bunch of them. Not fun!

We went though three direct hits in Miami.  They ain't no fun!  Move to Central Florida four years ago but can't escape!  I know we are in the west coast but still the possibility of power outages and no gas anywhere is nothing to look forward to.  

I'm just too old for this kind of fun!

Storms that make it into the warm gulf waters can be some of the worst. Katrina comes to mind.

We're watching it closely here on the East coast.  It's already really windy here.  Right now, it's supposed to be a Cat 1, just before it hits us.  We'll see.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:37 PM, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

We went though three direct hits in Miami.  They ain't no fun!  Move to Central Florida four years ago but can't escape!  I know we are in the west coast but still the possibility of power outages and no gas anywhere is nothing to look forward to.  

I'm just too old for this kind of fun!

The last time that a hurricane struck Florida's east coast in November was in 1935. It is known as The Yankee Hurricane...figures.-_-

When was the last time a hurricane made landfall on Florida's east coast in November? 1935 (fox13news.com)

Well, the hatches are battened, the house is secure and now we wait.  We're as ready as we can be.  From the looks of the current track, we're going to be REALLY close to center.  

Archived