SASS Wire Forum

WTB: 10 gauge hulls

Rube Burrows

I am looking to buy some 10 gauge hulls. Ballistic Products do not have any in stock and I don't know of anywhere else to get them. 

If you have any you'd sell or know where to get them pleaset let me know. 

1 hour ago, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

The last ones I bought from Ballistic Products were already primed. No hazmat on primed hulls. I see they are out of stock now.

Horace

I know. I checked them before posting here. A google search did not show me anyone else who sells them. I’d take primed or Unprimed. 

49 minutes ago, Bad Company, SASS #20195 said:

None around. I bought some loaded shells, cut em, emptied them. Pricey but they work.

Yeah, that’s definitely a costly way of doing it. 

I'm fixing to pick up a double 10. So I have been looking for fired hulls but have came up empty for a month now. I guess I'll be going with brass. Extremely pricey but will last long time.

5 hours ago, Slapshot said:

I'm fixing to pick up a double 10. So I have been looking for fired hulls but have came up empty for a month now. I guess I'll be going with brass. Extremely pricey but will last long time.

Yeah, I have been looking since I knew I was going to be getting this gun. Brass is not hard to find but not cheap. I plan to pick up some for my black powder loads but I am not sure about shooting smokless in brass. I would think the brass would not like the pressure spikes. 

I want to find some plastic hulls that I can cut down and use for my 1901 smokeless loads. 

7 hours ago, Slapshot said:

You're right there, last time I looked, the brass 10 ga were around $11/ea. 

Shooting smokeless in brass shells is okay.  I have some original Winchester 10ga brass shells that came smokeless.

I haven’t bought any in several years, but GAD Custom Ammunition used to sell 2 7/8” Federal shells in boxes of 25 and bags of 100 hulls cut to size.

My nephew is selling off my brother’s stuff since he passed. There are 49 primed 3 1/2” once fired. He is asking $45.00 shipped? 

3B662E27-B42E-411B-ADC9-95CF6B7B80AA.jpeg

01B36624-C102-49E3-AB8B-661D340870E9.jpeg

Just now, Will Burn Powder said:

My nephew is selling off my brother’s stuff since he passed. There are 49 primed 3 1/2” once fired. He is asking $45.00 shipped? 

3B662E27-B42E-411B-ADC9-95CF6B7B80AA.jpeg

01B36624-C102-49E3-AB8B-661D340870E9.jpeg

I'd be cautious, it appears a lot of those have been roll crimped. I've never had any luck re using roll crimped plastic hulls.  

There is also a bag of once fired 63 total mixed brands. 

640AB3E6-88E5-41FC-B3EB-6BA11BA8AFF7.jpeg

Also have BP uncut wads and regular 10 gage wads. 

ACB21635-6D5B-47B9-AF8D-57DCE771242F.jpeg

Will!

If Rube doesn’t want these, I will take all of it.

I have some 10ga stuff already and can make do, but I’m always looking for extra!

Rube! You got first dibs!!

Dallas! You need a skiver to re-use roll crimped plastic shells. It straightens the crimped portion of the hull so that you can reload and re-crimp the shell.  

See Ballistic Products for this and the related tools to do all of your roll crimping operations.

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Shooting smokeless in brass shells is okay.  I have some original Winchester 10ga brass shells that came smokeless.

I haven’t bought any in several years, but GAD Custom Ammunition used to sell 2 7/8” Federal shells in boxes of 25 and bags of 100 hulls cut to size.

I had never heard of GAD Custom Ammunition so I googled them to find their page. Did not see a page for them but did see many many complaints about the company. 

45 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Dallas! You need a skiver to re-use roll crimped plastic shells. It straightens the crimped portion of the hull so that you can reload and re-crimp the shell.  

See Ballistic Products for this and the related tools to do all of your roll crimping operations.

I will absolutely look for that.  I've been looking for something like that, and messed around with trying to make something, but never had any luck.  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Will!

If Rube doesn’t want these, I will take all of it.

I have some 10ga stuff already and can make do, but I’m always looking for extra!

Rube! You got first dibs!!

Rube bought the whole package

Just now, Will Burn Powder said:

Rube bought the whole package

Good deal!!  Like I said. I have ample supply, but I’m always looking out for this stuff.

Hope Rube puts it all to good use!!

1 hour ago, Rube Burrows said:

I had never heard of GAD Custom Ammunition so I googled them to find their page. Did not see a page for them but did see many many complaints about the company. 

I read some of that myself.  Like I said, it’s been several years.

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Good deal!!  Like I said. I have ample supply, but I’m always looking out for this stuff.

Hope Rube puts it all to good use!!

Thanks pard. I will surely put it to good use. I’m not sure on the wads and stuff because I’m new to the 10g stuff but I figured I’d figure that out soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Slapshot said:

Great score, you guys are amazing at helping people out.

Absolutely!!! The people here and in this shooting community are just fantastic overall. 

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I just found that thing, I'd have sworn I looked at (and owned) everything 10 gauge related that they sold.  Thanks again pard!

1 hour ago, Dallas McPewPew said:

I just found that thing, I'd have sworn I looked at (and owned) everything 10 gauge related that they sold.  Thanks again pard!

You are more than welcome!!  Glad to be of some help!

Hello all you 10g shootists, I just got off the phone with Track of the Wolf and they have brass 10g in 2-5/8" and 2-7/8" as well as all of the wads and shot/powder over cards!  I ordered a bunch.  Brass was $8-10 a piece depending on size. You only live once!  :)

10 hours ago, trvlrmn said:

Got a prompt from Ballistic Products this AM. New 3 1/2" primed Cheddite 10 gauge hulls now in stock for $32.99/bag of 50. Limit 5 bags/customer.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/10-gauge-hulls/products/75/

trvlr

Thank you !

Just put in a order for 100 hulls and some OS and OP cards.

Archived