SASS Wire Forum

Found my lost college class ring!

Salty Sarah Callahan was going through some coats and vest we seldom used to donate to charity. She found this in a vest pocket! A couple of years ago I spent $140 to have it sized and it vanished shortly after. Figured it was gone forever until she found it today!

JHC :D

896E1C57-D39B-42FE-9AD7-4D1BFAE8DDA7.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Doc Moses said:

Texas@Austin?  So sorry but glad you found it.  ;) 

(Longtime Okie living in Texas)

Yes, THE University of Texas. Hook'em Horns!

I sure hope they get the bugs worked out of the Wire! I can't get it on my PC AT ALL and it's a PITA doing this on my phone. Every time I post I have to wipe everything out and login again (another PITA on my phone)

JHC :angry:

Our teenage son lost his HS ring. We shook the money tree as hard as we could and bought him another one. A couple of years later we were moving the coach and out rolls his original ring.

I went to what was originally a fine small college, I much enjoyed it and was proud to have graduated.  In my last year, they began a radical shift left which continued for some years, and still does to this day.  I sold my ring when gold was high because I never wore it, not wanting anyone to know I had attended.  After I retired, with no possible need for the credential, I shredded the diploma. 

My favorite story along those lines was in the 1980s, when a Valentine's Day ring given to his wife by Richard O'Kane in 1936 was found in Wakiki sand, 46 years after it was lost in the surf when it slipped off her finger; a miniature of his Academy ring.

O'Kane was the captain of the submarine USS Tang in WWII, and a Medal of Honor winner for his sub service. 

16 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Our teenage son lost his HS ring. We shook the money tree as hard as we could and bought him another one. A couple of years later we were moving the coach and out rolls his original ring.

My parents bought mine when I graduated so obviously it has great sentimental value. I was heartbroken when I "lost" it after some 35 years. I'm still in shock that my wife found it. I think The Lord frowns on us being so attached to material so I gave it up. I've thanked Him a number of times today for giving it back to me!

JHC

I lost my dad’s WW2 Army Air Corps ring but found it about 6 months later. I put in his shadow box. ❤️

A4928B44-2C2E-40BE-ABBF-5A56F4CE5386.jpeg

14 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Just like me!

JHC

See, if you had become an attorney like me, you'd never be lost, because people would always be telling you where to go...

IMG_1402.thumb.JPG.79b050c6d6632441a968ea05975b64f3.JPGI graduated from college in 1963 and bought my ring. I have worn it every day, except when I sent it back for a rebuild as I had broken the stone. I worked my butt off to graduate (graduated with honors with a 3.9 GPA) and am proud to wear it until the day I die. It is also my masonic ring as I had the masonic square & compass encrusted in the stone.

My parens gave me an engraved folding pen knife, all gold plated and engraved with my initials, when I graduated from high school.  Years later I got out of the Army and went looking for it.  GONE!

Still years later my parents had moved and given a huge old butt-ugly green sofa to my sister and it had been on her back porch for a few more years.

They finally were busting it up to haul to the bump and my BIL found my knife.  After seventeen years it came home, just in time to join us in a new house were were moving into.

I need to find someone to replace the blade because the only part that could rust, did.  It probably won't happen because it truly isn't worth the effort and cost.  

Until then it sits in safe place with some other small treasures

Howdy,

At one of my hs class reunions they announced THE first person to the stage

with a class ring gets a free drink.

I wasnt doing alcohol that night so I just sat there.

Then the second announcement.

So I went and showed them the only class ring in the place.

One rum an coke didnt hurt.....

The ring fits my little finger.

Best

CR

My high school class ring disappeared from its anointed position atop the refrigerator in December, 1980 at the onset of a divorce. I don't know if she took it or the movers took it or...? Who knows.

Archived