SASS Wire Forum

A Dark Day on the Santa Fe has been officially CANCELED

The Outlaw Travis James

If you sent in applications, we will be reaching out to you about your refund. We are sorry but some unforeseen events have taken place that has made it unfeasible to host this match.

9 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Both matches or just Dark Day?

Kajun

There will be no black powder matches at Fort White in 2023. 

9 hours ago, Ringer said:

Say it ain't so.:(

It’s so unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Wow!  I am deeply saddened to hear this news.  It is one of our favorite events of the year.

Hope everyone involved is OK and that the matches will return in 2024.

Dogmeat

Whether a black powder match returns to Fort White our not is still undetermined.  The situation is not yet fully resolved so we cannot predict anything.  Out first concern was to cancel ASAP to help mitigate the damage as much as possible.  

We will still be hosting our normal monthly match that weekend and if you were planning on coming down for the double header, you can do so and join us for that match.  It will be an Ides prep match with a shootoff.  

3 hours ago, Hogleg Hunter said:

This is the one match I make sure not to miss each year. Hopefully 2024

The situation has not yet been fully resolved so we cannot predict the future yet.  We will be keeping everyone abreast of the future plans, if any exist.  If you can adjust your vacation and travel by a week, the Florida State Championship, Ides of March is the very next weekend about 2 hours south of Fort White.  It is a very good consolation... 

Just now, The Outlaw Travis James said:

Whether a black powder match returns to Fort White our not is still undetermined.  The situation is not yet fully resolved so we cannot predict anything.  Out first concern was to cancel ASAP to help mitigate the damage as much as possible.  

We will still be hosting our normal monthly match that weekend and if you were planning on coming down for the double header, you can do so and join us for that match.  It will be an Ides prep match with a shootoff.  

You must have been reading my mind.  I was about to PM you about the monthly matches or if Cowboy was done completely there.  Didn't want to speculate about something I have no knowledge of...of course the Wire wouldn't be the Wire with out wild speculation and rumor...

I do appreciate the information.  We are planning to come to the Ides, just haven't gotten or apps in yet.  Lil changed her Alias at Land Run and I needed to get that on the apps. 

We will look at our plans and see how we can tweak them.  Hopefully, we can do both.

Just now, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

You must have been reading my mind.  I was about to PM you about the monthly matches or if Cowboy was done completely there.  Didn't want to speculate about something I have no knowledge of...of course the Wire wouldn't be the Wire with out wild speculation and rumor...

I do appreciate the information.  We are planning to come to the Ides, just haven't gotten or apps in yet.  Lil changed her Alias at Land Run and I needed to get that on the apps. 

We will look at our plans and see how we can tweak them.  Hopefully, we can do both.

Fort White Cowboy Cavalry is alive and well.  We have an excellent team to take over and move forward.  In fact, we are prepping for our Annual Match this up coming weekend.  The range is done up real purdie right now.  

There has been some confusion after the cancelation notice yesterday.
The Annual Match this upcoming weekend IS NOT CANCELED.
CANCELED MATCHES:

• Darkness Falls - SASS Southeastern Territorial Blackpowder Championship - Scheduled Date - March 9, 2023 - CANCELED
  • A Dark Day on the Santa Fe - SASS International Blackpowder Championship - Scheduled Dates - March 10-11, 2023 - CANCELED

UNAFFECTED MATCHES:

• Shootout on the Santa Fe - Fort White Cowboy Cavalry Annual Match - Scheduled Dates - November 10-11, 2022
  • No Man's Land - SASS Ladies Championship - Scheduled Dates - April 28-29, 2023
  • Regular Monthly Matches

The only matches that have been canceled are the Blackpowder Matches which were originally scheduled for the second weekend in January and then moved back to the second weekend in March. All other matches and club activities remain as before, just under different leadership. We hope this clears up the confusion.

8 minutes ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

There has been some confusion after the cancelation notice yesterday.
The Annual Match this upcoming weekend IS NOT CANCELED.
CANCELED MATCHES:

• Darkness Falls - SASS Southeastern Territorial Blackpowder Championship - Scheduled Date - March 9, 2023 - CANCELED
  • A Dark Day on the Santa Fe - SASS International Blackpowder Championship - Scheduled Dates - March 10-11, 2023 - CANCELED

UNAFFECTED MATCHES:

• Shootout on the Santa Fe - Fort White Cowboy Cavalry Annual Match - Scheduled Dates - November 10-11, 2022
  • No Man's Land - SASS Ladies Championship - Scheduled Dates - April 28-29, 2023
  • Regular Monthly Matches

The only matches that have been canceled are the Blackpowder Matches which were originally scheduled for the second weekend in January and then moved back to the second weekend in March. All other matches and club activities remain as before, just under different leadership. We hope this clears up the confusion.

Clears up the confusion, but leaves folks wondering what the heck happened.

22 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Clears up the confusion, but leaves folks wondering what the heck happened.

All we can say is that Confederate Colt is no longer associated with Fort White Cowboy Cavalry.  The situation has not been fully resolved so we cannot comment further. 

The Fort White Cowboy Cavalry would like to notify everyone:
Confederate Colt is no longer associated with nor represents the Fort White Cowboy Cavalry in any way, shape, or form. Moving forward, please direct all communications, inquiries, applications, and questions to The OTJ for the time being until we get our new email list set up. As soon as we do, we will be issuing an official statement.
If you have applications for the following matches, please contact the listed individuals for mailing instructions.

• Shootout on the Santa Fe - November 10-11, 2022 - The OTJ - TheOutlawTravisJames@gmail.com
  • No Man's Land - April 28-29, 2023 - Chickie WInsome - ChickieWInsome@gmail.com

7 minutes ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

All we can say is that Confederate Colt is no longer associated with Fort White Cowboy Cavalry.  The situation has not been fully resolved so we cannot comment further. 

I had a feeling it was something like that. Unfortunate! Good luck resolving things!

15 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Isn’t that the weekend of the Bayou Blast?

Nope, the Bayou Blast is the same weekend as the Ides of March. 

Bayou Blast 2023

Never enough weekends to shoot them all, never.

In a perfect world, I would be able to start shooting in Florida in January, migrate all the way across the south to the border of CA (I ain't crazy enough to cross into there with my shooting irons) then up the west coast (Inboard of CA) and then across this country back to Home catching a shoot every other weekend for the whole year.  Never happen, and I would need an 18 wheeler to haul the ammo, but man-o-man that would be awesome!

Archived