SASS Wire Forum

2023 Iowa State Shoot - May 26th - 28th - Registration is Open

Cactus Clark

Hello Fellow Shooters,

We have now opened the registration for the 2023 Iowa State Shoot.  Our shoot is held over Memorial Day Weekend (May 26th to 28th).  We will have side matches and warm ups on Friday (all included in the price of admission).  Saturday we will shoot 6 main match stages and have a banquet dinner that evening.  On Sunday we will complete the remaining 6 stages and end with an awards ceremony on the range.  We will have lunch on the range Saturday and Sunday for the shooters, and you can also purchase lunches for any guest you might have attending.  We will post a more formal schedule as we get closer to May.  One last thing before the registration links....we may also have a Gatlin Gun on site this year and for a nominal fee you can have an opportunity to shoot it :)...Let's get those registrations in as all of us with the Fort Des Moines Ranges look forward to host another phenomenal state level SASS event.

Printable form for snail mail

Link for Online Registrations

Our Website

Thanks for all past and future shooters that keep these types of events happening

Cactus Clark and the FDMR BOD

The town closest for a actual hotel would be Indianola IA.  You have a couple to chose from Hotel Pommier looks nice.  I've toured it, but couldn't come to a deal for reserving a block of rooms for the shoot.  You also have Country Inn & Suites or a Quality Inn.

• 1 month later...

We have a new addition to our side matches this year.  We will be adding a Plainsman Side Match to our WildBunch, Warm ups, and Speed events.  I will work on updating the registration form, but if your already registered just drop me an email.  If you haven't signed up yet ...why not?  Get them in to reserve your spot today.....

Thanks

Cactus

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully all you copokes and outlaws got everything you needed from Santa and are ready to ring in the new year.  While you're pondering all that why not get in your 2023 Iowa State shoot application.  JB Kidd is cooking up some mighty fine stages for you all to come enjoy with us again this year and John Wesley Hardin has stepped up to put on our very first Plainsman side match.....and did I mention we are planning to have a Gatlin gun on the range as well?

I hope you all have a save new year and we get a chance to meet up at a shoot soon

Cactus

• 2 months later...

Bump to the top of the line .....

What are you all waiting for, get signed up for the Iowa State Shoot.  Spring is upon us and before you know it we will be at Memorial Day weekend.  There is lots of camping opportunities near our range and we have plenty of onsite dry camping as well.  Come join us for a great time with great folks and a little CAS (12 stages, and side matches) mixed in.

Hope to see you on the range,

Cactus Clark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our overall awards have been finished by Grannies B's.   Get your apps in and prove your the cowboy or cowgirl worthy enough of these awesome prizes.  Men's double pistol bag and gun sleeve and Women's double pistol bag and carry all bag.

20230420_173353.jpg

20230420_173301.jpg

It tells me I am trying to use office...and that I don't have it. I'm still procrastinating...and hoping my camper will be fixed by then

Worked this time on my laptop...haven't tried on the ipad

Here is the updated list as of May 9th 2023

Alais   State   Alais   State
April Mae   IL   John Wesley Hardin   IA
Badlands Charlie   IA   Kalamity Horsehoe   IA
Bandit Belle   NE   Kan Do Ken   MO
        Knuckle Buster   IN
Blood Thirsty Desperado   IA   La Bandita   IA
Brason Beller   TX   Lefty Madison   IA
Cactus Clark   IA   Lil Chico   IA
Capn' Highpockets   MO   Little Hermana   IA
Capt. Jim Midnight   IA        
Chance Cooper   IL   Luck Shot Sassman   IA
Chancy Shot   IA   Marti Draw   IN
Chilli Pepper Kid   IA   Mean Mary   Il
COGS   MN   Medicine Creek Johnny   SD
Cowboy Carty   IL   Missalotta T   SD
Cowboy Rick   IA   Moonlit Rose   IA
Cpl. Quayne   AZ   Mountain Man Champ   IL
Crabby Hayes   MI   Napa Belle   TN
Crooked Bullet   TX   Napa Sidewinder   TN
Daisy Ann   IL   Parson Pete   MN
Deadwood Kitty   IL   Pit Mule   IA
Deuce  Stevens   IN   Platte Valley Kid   NE
Dimpled Darlin'   IA   Popcorn Kelly   IA
Doc Horseshoe   IA   Rattlesnake Renae   IA
Doc Noper   MI   Riverboat Red   MN
Dusty Deputy   IN   Rootin Tootin   IA
Early Evan   MN   Round Rock   IA
Evil Fletch   SD   Sgt. Hampton   MO
Flint Stone   MN   Shagawa Michael   IA
Flyin Shootist   IA   Speed Stevens   IN
GI Jake   IA   Star Shooter   NE
Gunslinger Grace   MN   Toranado   IL
Hail Hot Mary   IA   Tuco   IA
Hairless   Il   Tulsa Tex   IL
Half Fast Len   IA   Turkey Bob   Il
Irish Pete   MN   Whiskey Rick   IA
Irish Tom   MO        
Jackie Diamond   MO        
JB Kidd   IA        

Who's Coming 5.6.23.pdf

Less than 2 weeks to go, if you still want to come to the best kept secret match in the mid west, I know a guy that can get you in.  If the only reason your not signing up is that the deadline has passed don't worry about that, just contact me.

Cactus Clark

8 hours ago, Chancy Shot, SASS #67163 said:

Inquiring minds want to know..... Did OM Greybeard make the deadline???

Chancy

Deadline....who cares about deadlines....I know a guy....and OMG has my cell number....he may have sent me a text shortly after I updated the post this morning.

Archived