SASS Wire Forum

Cheddite-Clerinox 209 primers

Bard Eye SASS 30526

5 minutes ago, Bard Eye SASS 30526 said:

Just a quick question, are the above primers good to use, i have not heard anything about them one way or the other, thanks

I have used LOTS of them and never had any issues. They are actually my preferred primer for shotshells. 

I use them for all my shotgun loads, Trap, Skeet, Cowboy & Wild Bunch.  I have never had any problems with them.

Cheddites are slightly larger diameter than a lot of others.  But they work fine.  There doesn't seem to be a shortage of them since many vendors have had them in stock.  Ballistic Products seems to always have them in stock at the lowest price I've seen online.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Primers/products/901/

1 hour ago, Bard Eye SASS 30526 said:

Just a quick question, are the above primers good to use, i have not heard anything about them one way or the other, thanks

I've been using them for a few years now. Never a single issue with them. Usually a tad cheaper too. In the olden days of yor, they were$27 at Powder Valley. BP usually always has them at a reasonable price as well. You won't be disappointed.

Cheddite=TOP SHELF 

I have had trouble with Federal primers seating in both my Dillon and Warren presses with STS hulls.  No problem with in Winchester AA 's.  Trying Cheddite.  They seem to be close to factory.  Have not shot them yet.  Just picked up some Winchester primers but have not tried loading them.  Anyone have similar problems?

I've used Fed. 209A in STS hulls, as well as Winchester. Been using Cheddite for a few years now, no troubles with any of them using my MEC 600jr. or the Grabber. Still use the Feds for BP. No issues with AA hulls , both old and new style.

Archived