SASS Wire Forum

Schofield #3 45ACP Moonclips

DoctorWho

I recently have had a hair up to play with my single holster rigs at the range and was wondering if anyone still makes 45acp moonclips for the Uberti (and lot) Schofields?

I remember a few years ago there was at least one bloke milling them but I cannot recall the site name.

Any guidance appreciated.

DW

I believe it was "TK Machine"   Been referenced on the wire.   Perhaps a Wire Search??

I have also thought a pair of 3 1/2 inch Schofields set up for Moon Clips would be the Beez Kneeze!!  Unfortunately, a tropical ailment "Lakafundus" prevents the venture.

Just went googling.  It's "TK custom.com".  When complete the gun will run with ACP in moon clips OR with rimmed cartridges as normal.

Howdy Schofielders,

For what it's worth. I wouldn't waste my time on moon or 1/2 moon clips. I have a pair of speed loaders that are designed for the S&W (don't know the model) .45 DA revolver.  They dump 5 .45 colts into my 2 Schofields perfectly ( all the speed with none of the mods). Incidentally they also work fine for my Rem. NMA conversion cylinder. 

This info is worth every penny you spent on it.

Rev. Chase

31 minutes ago, Reverend P. Babcock Chase said:

Howdy Schofielders,

For what it's worth. I wouldn't waste my time on moon or 1/2 moon clips. I have a pair of speed loaders that are designed for the S&W (don't know the model) .45 DA revolver.  They dump 5 .45 colts into my 2 Schofields perfectly ( all the speed with none of the mods). Incidentally they also work fine for my Rem. NMA conversion cylinder. 

This info is worth every penny you spent on it.

Rev. Chase

Reverend Chase beat me to it.  I've got a couple of speed loaders for my S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun in 44 mag and they work just fine on my Schofields in 45 Colt.

Dutch

I believe it was "TK Machine"   Been referenced on the wire.   Perhaps a Wire Search??

I have also thought a pair of 3 1/2 inch Schofields set up for Moon Clips would be the Beez Kneeze!!  Unfortunately, a tropical ailment "Lakafundus" prevents the venture.

H.K. I HATE OTTO.  No 45 Auto Rim is not intended for moon clips.  Moon Clips for 45 ACP.  Speed Loaders work for 45 Colt and C45S.

1 minute ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

H.K. I HATE OTTO.  No 45 Auto Rim is not intended for moon clips.  Moon Clips for 45 ACP.  Speed Loaders work for 45 Colt and C45S.

Well, what meant was, if you leave the clips off, can you use Autorims?

I looked at some photos, and while the pistol is clearly modified, it's not changed so much that "Otto" will work.

NO.  45 AUTO RIM can only be used in guns chambered specifically for the 45 Auto Rim Cartridge.  The Auto Rim cartridge will NOT work in a 45 ACP cylinder.

Oh cummon.  OTTO is "Auto Correct."  OTTO screwed up my original post and I didn't catch it.

55 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

NO.  45 AUTO RIM can only be used in guns chambered specifically for the 45 Auto Rim Cartridge.  The Auto Rim cartridge will NOT work in a 45 ACP cylinder.

I use .45 Auto Rim in my Colt and S&W 1917's, and in my Mark V and VI Webleys that are shaved for .45 ACP all the time.

Any gun that built from the ground up to handle moon clips will work with .45 Auto Rim. Now, the TK conversion might not due to the way the cylinder is cut.

10 hours ago, Tucson Taylor said:

So this is off topic from your post, just a question.

What do you think about the 14th Doctor?

Tucson Taylor

As a scot, and a DT fan I was overjoyed. Tom Baker alluded to something like this in the 50th. It’s a three special ratings grab I know, but Donna deserved better so it pleases me. Russel T. Davies hit in on the mark to cast Ncuti Gatwa for the 15th to capture the next generation of fans. It’s a business and a formula, I get it. I’m just happy it’s still going. Yes, I’m one of those weird die hard fans, so look for my 4th Doctor scarf as part of my regalia out there. 

I enjoyed David Tenant's run as the Doctor.  When I heard he was back, I considered starting to watch the show again.   But when I heard about some of the things planned, I re-lost interest.  :(

Peter Davison remains my favorite.  

And just to keep it semi on topic, anyone remember the 1st Doctor story, "The Gunfighters?"   Probably one of the worst TV Westerns ever made.   That alone makes if very much worth watching.   :)

Archived